Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Michigan Build

Thanks Russell. I appreciate any feedback. I am a real newbie to this and decided to give it a shot....I laid the first brick of my life when I started this project. I cannot believe how addicting this build is....and I am glad to hear others find it that way also....I was starting to think there was something wrong with me....lol.

Thanks to everyone who provides feedback....you don't know how much it helps someone who is doing this for the first time.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Serf

Your zipping along! Looks great.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yes it is addicting and you have a whole gang of WFO crazies just like you. Keep on plugging along and you will be cooking pies in no time.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Laborer

The Dome is Closed! Put in the keystone last night (you can tell by the look on my face that I was not sure it would fit). Great feeling to have it closed up! Now....on to the vent. I have significant challenges here because I have to vent the oven and the fireplace below it. Should be interesting.

-Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Michigan Build-dscn1098-v2.jpg   Michigan Build-dscn1109-v2.jpg   Michigan Build-dscn1114-v2.jpg  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:47 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Congrats, nice feeling to close the top........

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 09-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Peasant

Looks great and thanks for sharing your experiences! I am way behind you and learning from your work.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Master Builder

Wow! That has to be one of the fastest builds I've ever seen! Great job, Speedy!

Old 09-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Master Builder

Hi Steve,
Please show the fireplace.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Laborer

Thanks Mike. I am trying to beat the wet/cold weather.....but still trying to do a quality job.

Laurentius - The attached picture shows the firebox. Above the firebox there is a "smoke chamber" that I hope will catch the smoke. Then there are two flues on either side of this chamber protruding up through the harth on the sides of what will be the vent landing walls. You can see them in this picture. At some point they will come together as one flue and out the chimney stack. There will be another flue next to it for the oven....learned from this board not to combine them. Not sure the fireplace will draw properly but if it does not, I ran a gas line to the structure and will just use a gas log set. I have not seen many of this design so I am really interested to see if I can make it work. I will keep you all posted. I did put some smoke in the firebox and it seemed to flow up through the two flues...may be a different story will a full fire though....Thanks for asking...input always welcome!
Attached Thumbnails
Michigan Build-dscn1061-v2.jpg  
Old 09-15-2012, 01:34 PM
Peasant

You'll be firing pies in no time! Looks awesome. Where in Michigan are ya?