Old 06-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Mark's WFO

Great job - looks awesome.

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Master Builder

Awesome job on the door!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:55 PM
Peasant

Hi Mark,
Nice job on the clone, LOOKS GREAT

Cheers Joe
Old 06-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Journeyman

Thanks Les, Mike and Joe. Its so cool that everyone, regardless of skill level is able to end up with all these great ovens. It really is just as fun to use as it is to build.
Is it just me or does it seem that a lot more people in the last few months have started builds. This is definitely your one stop forum for oven builds!

Thanks to all, Mark
Old 06-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Mark, your glass door looks great! I'm really impressed with your abilities. Do you plan on doing any bread baking? I was wondering what it might be like to watch them bake in the oven.

Ya, there do seem to be lots of new wfo builds. I think its your fault; everyone sees how easy you make it look to build an oven, brick up your facade and then make a glass door! Take care, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Journeyman

Dino, Thanks for all the nice comments. The glass door was not as easy as it looks, but Jim's instructions really helped. My neighbor let me borrow his welder,again another help.
As far as bread goes, that is our next thing we are TRYING to do. Its been OK but not up to par with some others on the forum. Pizza and meats have been incredible, but bread has been so-so. I'm not giving up though. My wife is working on the dough and me the cooking technique. Once the build is complete (some day) we can devote full time to cooking.

Mark
Old 07-05-2009, 07:43 PM
Journeyman

Mark,
Just came upon your build. Wonderful job on the oven and what a tremendous job on the door, It looks great. Have you used it to control the flame? One of my favorite uses of the door is while smoking food by moving it futher back in the vent (almost choking the flames) and then using that change in position and the slides to get just a whisper of a flame amongst the dense smoke. Does turn the glass to muck, but that comes off.
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/9/gl...html#post53376 (Glass door for the view)

Old 07-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Journeyman

Jim,
Thanks for your comments, and directions on the door. Generally when I smoke it is between 200 and 250 degrees. My question is how do you get the wood to smoke, in that the fire is gone by the time the oven is down to that temp. If I build a fire to get the wood to smoke the temp goes up too high. So much for slow cooking. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark
Old 07-06-2009, 07:49 PM
Journeyman

After I am done with a pizza or bread bake, I will load up with wood and let the wood bake for days. Even after a couple days with the insulated door on I find that putting a few pieces of this dried out wood on top of the remaining coals hitting with a flow of air (bellows, dry compressed sprayer) the wood literally bursts into flame and then quickly choking the flame to as I say a whisp keeps the heat down and the smoke dense.