Old 12-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Mark's WFO

Mark, it totally is addicting! I haven't worked on mine since Sunday (and I hope to finish the actual building part this weekend) and I'm getting twitchy. If I were ever to experience drug withdrawl, I think it would be like this. Damn the time change and early sunsets!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Journeyman

Amber, I'm with you on the time change. I started at the worst possible time. If this were summer I would be out there right now working on it instead of talking about it on my laptop!
Mark
Old 12-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Journeyman

Bending wood well is *tough*. I helped my dad make a wire-strung harp once (his third harp, my first), and we did an acceptable but not a great job. The forms look fabulous! I can already tell that yours is going to be an exquisite build, if you're putting that much time and detail into the forms.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Apprentice

I know just what you mean. While I wouldn't be working right now (it's 10pm) I would have done something today. Weekdays are officially out since the sun sets at 5pm. Oh yeah, and it's damn cold outside.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 PM

What is bender board? Sounds vaguely obscene...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Journeyman

Thanks Nikki, the downside of my detail driven personality is my oven will take many months to build,especially when I get to the brick work where I have no experience.

Dmun, very humorous, but its just a construction term referring to wood that is bendable for forms.

Mark
Old 12-05-2008, 04:08 AM
Apprentice

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one complaining about the time change. It sucks! Go to work in the dark, come home in the dark, AHHHHHH the madness.

I've always said that you can never have too many tools, and there is no such thing as too much attention to detail. You just end up driving yourself crazy on silly little things.

Keep up the good work Mark,

Check out my build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:47 AM
Master Builder

Bender board is definately not something I've seen at my local home depot.... I hear about it all the time on HGTV.

Maybe the folks that invented it used to go on a bender everytime they tried to make flexible forms. or while on a bender they thought of it.

I've got another concrete pour planned to pour curved stair treads for the steps at the end of the patio. I'll likely cut some strips of 1/8 inch masonite and use a couple layers.

Your plan will sure make for a nice well for the insulation when you're done!

My bet is it looks so good that you decide to turn it into a fountain!!

Christo

Old 12-05-2008, 07:12 AM
Journeyman

Christo, I know all Home Depots have different products but I have seen the exact BB I used at many Depots. Its in the garden dept. If you can find it, it will definitely be worth your while. If you want I can see if the SKU is still on the board and your local Depot could look it up.

Mark
Old 12-05-2008, 07:55 AM
Master Builder

that would be great! in the garden dept at the one I go do, I see the metal garden edging and vinyl roll edging only. They might be able to direct me to another store that carries it.

Thanks