Old 12-05-2012, 03:07 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Lighting the oven chamber

I like the IKEA idea if you swing it in from the top / front arch somewhere only when needed to see what's going on, then swing it away.
Cheers
JT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchipster View Post
Fire for light is great when you are cooking with a flame but here in Minnesota I find that I am cooking bread and other lower temp items in the dark after work for dinner.

I have not finished my trim work yet and have installed a temporary light to get me to the warmer weather; when I can install a permanent supplemental light. I found a goose neck lamp that has a high temp bulb socket with a metal head. It seems to be holding up to the heat and swings out of the way easily.

It lights up the interior of the oven very well as you can see from photo 3. The head is a little larger than I would like so I am looking at the below for a final version.

I found a lamp at IKEA that has a combination goose neck and a solid shaft that allows the lamp to be adjusted up and down I am thinking of putting it on the outside wall of my oven and slide it down when needed. This may be my permanent lamp but I am still looking for other options before I make a final decision.

Chip
My build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.