Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Les' Build

It was a good day - I am technically done rising children (if that is possible). My son graduated today - now we just wait to see what law school he will (might?) get accepted into. Both children are now officially off the daddy plan

Probably not the best place to post this but my daughter's pic is buried in this thread as well.

Les...
Attached Thumbnails
Les' Build-kellens_grad_2009-011.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Journeyman

Les,
Congratulations, I still have one at home and 2 successufully launched ( the one still at home comes in handy for the hard work part of the oven build, though he was absent today when I needed to move 30 bags of concrete from the front to the back yard).
Soon you will be feeding grandchildren great pizza.

Eric
Old 03-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Had a pretty big party tonight - made 20 balls. There are so many people out there that don't have a clue as to how awesome our ovens are! When you slide in their design, and give it back to them in less then 2.5 minutes, they are truly surprised. It was a good night - and it's amazing how much wine was left. I have never posted a pic of something from the WFO - here is the first. 9 ounce ball (learned that from the FB open house). It's a perfect size.

Les...:
Attached Thumbnails
Les' Build-oven-004.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Apprentice

Looks yummy! Wow, your dome interior looks so clean even while cooking! Did you use non-stick firebrick? Hehehe If I was there, there wouldn't be much wine left hahaha.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Apprentice

Les, how many people did you feed? We are having a birthday party for my mom today, think we will have 30. I made 18 balls last night and thought I would make one more batch this morning. I tripled the FB recipe. This will be our first party. I'm a little nervous, but I think it will go well.

Tom
Old 03-27-2010, 09:33 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Tom,

I think there were around 20 -I only cooked 16 pizza's. With all the appetizers and fluids, it was enough. I just cooked one at a time and it worked out well. Good luck.

Les...

Old 03-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Les,

Congrats on a job well done with those great lookin' kids (sorry - I like your daughter's graduation pic best!).

I love the saw-curved look on your brick faces and should have asked you this at the Expo: those are standard size (2 1/2") bricks, right?

John
Old 03-27-2010, 10:25 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

John - are you referring to the fire brick or the decorative brick? Either way -they are both standard.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Les,

I was referring to your firebrick. I can't fathom there is a refractory performance loss from using a non-factory brick surface for the inside of the dome, and the look of your bricks when cleared makes me think I'd like to do the same.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I made these peels from some scrap luan I had. I used them for the first time last night. The pizza's slid right off with no problem, way better then the metal ones I was using. Wood it the way to go.

Les...
Attached Thumbnails
Les' Build-oven-007.jpg