Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Les' Build

Pretty slick!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Les (or anyone else),

Do you leave the tools outside on the rack 24/7? Or do you bring them inside when your not using them?

Updated!

Old 04-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ken - I bought one of these. I only leave the tools out when I am using them.
Attached Thumbnails
Les' Build-untitled.jpg  

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Good idea!

Updated!

Old 04-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

More musings from the shop. I probably should have made it bigger but I tried to copy the Tuscan grill you can purchase. I cut the metal a few weeks back and then decided I should just buy one. Got back from the Ramekins cooking class (they use one), got bored last night and said what the hell. I might get the chance to try it out tonight.

Les...
Attached Thumbnails
Les' Build-grill.jpg  

Old 04-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Looks good Les.

What did Ramekins cook on the grill and how did it taste? We meed more details. :-)
James

Old 04-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks James - the fire is going now so we will see if it holds up.

At Ramekins, they were cooking some of the vegetables on the grill. I thought we would be able to cook the whole meal there - WRONG! Way too much going on, we broke off into teams to do our part. I didn't really learn anything I didn't already know but we had a blast! Good food and great people. On a side note; the only pizza I ever had that didn't have sauce or cheese - and it rocked!

Les...

Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Apprentice

Les, looks great!

Oven Build:

Progress pictures:

Cooking pictures:

Old 04-30-2009, 09:46 AM
Journeyman

Les,
As usual, excellent job on the Tuscan grill. Looks just like the original. Any more details on the class?

Mark
Old 04-30-2009, 06:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by exceloven View Post
Any more details on the class?

Mark
Mark / All

The class is a lot of fun. As I mentioned, didn't learn much more then I already knew. We were broken into groups to work on our collective dishes.

The menu;

1. pizza Bianca with smoked salmon (which was smoked in a big green egg. This pizza had no sauce or cheese. The pizza was cooked twice - once to brown the dough and once more with the toppings on it. Really don't know why we did it that way, in my opinion, it could have been easily cooked once.

2. Three cheese baked penne - I didn't know it, come to find out it's just mac and cheese. Cooked in the WFO.

3. Mushroom rubbed plank roasted steak (I worked on this one). Cooked in the BGE.

4. Roasted vegetable salad platter. Cooked in the WFO.

5. Chocolate chipotle cakes with cinnamon caramel sauce. My wife worked this one and it was by far the hardest one to do - took them forever. My wife does a lot of cooking / baking and she said it was a VERY difficult receipt. I lost track, I think it was cooked in the WFO.

If you are in the area, and have a couple of hundred dollars to burn, I recommend doing it.

Here are a few pic's - the first one is my wife making the desert. The last one is Mary, I hope she doesn't monitor this site because I took a terrible picture of her.

Les' Build-cooking-011.jpg

Les' Build-cooking-006.jpg

Les' Build-cooking-014.jpg

Les' Build-cooking-015.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Les' Build-cooking-016.jpg