Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Les' Build

Thanks David. The acrylic stucco has a dye. I tried to match the cream color in the brick. The color is French vanilla (my favorite flavor in my coffee). We were going to sponge the surface with grays and reds to match the brick. The wife liked it the way it was.... That's what it's going to be. I posted a pic of my proposed door a while back. It requires the use of the laser, so I have to wait for the shop to have bandwidth to get it built. Same thing applies to my vent cover.

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Laborer

I know what you mean..my wife liked the white dome too. Then when she wasn't home I went out and started the swirls When she came back I said..wow that looks good. Honestly though her reaction coulda went either way. This time it went mine, It does look good though. That's cool you have access to a laser, I'm going to try my hand at a plasma cutter at my uncle's shop. Never really worked too much with metal, sO we'll see how it turns out
Keep ya posted
Dave
p.s. When I was out at my friends shop in Mass, I was invited into this guys shop. He forges a lot of his stuff. Really has some cool creations
Salmon Studios: Metal Sculpture and Installations
Old 09-29-2008, 07:55 AM
Master Builder

Wowza! Looks fantastic, Les!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yeah, I agree with Daren. Fantastic. The final product is gorgeous.

Updated!

Old 10-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Another task completed. Finished the cover on the flue. Since the shop where I work is slammed, I had to make this in my shop - it's totally set up to work with wood It's all stainless steel, cost came in around $26.00. Note to self, wash the brick...

Les...
Attached Thumbnails
Les' Build-les-oven-040.jpg   Les' Build-les-oven-041.jpg  

Old 10-29-2008, 02:38 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Very nice Les, and it fits in beautifully with the rest of the oven! That's what I would call deceptively simple.

Old 10-29-2008, 07:09 AM
Apprentice

That's just gorgeous Les!

All my shop is wood too. I can't imagine how you built it out of stainless, but it just looks great.

Are you going to do any kind of spark arrestor?

Travis
Old 10-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Journeyman

Les,
Great job on the cap, as usual. I was wondering what is the purpose of the cap. Is it necessary.

Thanks, Mark
Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks all!
Travis - I wasn't planning on installing a spark arrestor, everything around the oven is brick.

Mark - I think they are needed. When I was spraying off the dome, some over spray went inside the flue. It left a nice square soot pattern on the hearth bricks. Don't know how well this will prevent it, but I will find out shortly, the weather is going to turn bad.

Les...

Last edited by Les; 10-29-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
When I was spaying off the dome...
Normally I wouldn't point out typos, but that one is sort of amusing.