Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Les' Build

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Ken - I have the tile overhanging the counter the thickness of a tile. I am going to rip one inch pieces and set them underneath for trim.

Frances - someone is building a dome with no mortar whatsoever - thats where the bar is being raised. Looking forward to watching that progress. I know it can be done, just a butt load of work.

RT - I wished I had a better tile saw. I bought a cheap one from Lowes a few years ago. Makes the job a lot harder then it needs to be.

Les...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Last edited by Les; 08-05-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: I stuttered
Old 08-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Journeyman

Les- looks awesome. However...I don't think we should built your build in the plans. All the first timers will take one look at your brickwork and think that it's impossible!

See ALL of my pictures here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Journeyman

What kind of crazy English is that? Gee whiz...I need some coffee.

See ALL of my pictures here:

Old 08-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breven View Post
What kind of crazy English is that? Gee whiz...I need some coffee.

Nah! Have another beer!!

My costs:

My pics:

Old 08-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Ken - I have the tile overhanging the the counter the thickness of a tile. I am going to rip one inch pieces and set them underneath for trim.
That'll look good!

Updated!

Old 08-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Master Builder

I'm just getting caught up again on your & everyone else's progress - glad to see the pistol cut solved your dilemma. It's going to look really good!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Master Builder

Les, what are your plans to get your entry way "counter" up to level with the cooking surface. Looks like your building up with bricks. If so, what is the purpose of putting the tile down there?

Old 08-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Mike,

It won't be level with the cooking surface. I will bring the brick up to that height, but the tile is staying where it is (the same height as the rest of the island).

Les...

Old 08-08-2008, 02:28 PM
Master Builder

Got it. I now see that on the photo. At first glance, I thought the brick was sitting on top of the tile. I now see that the tile is trimmed to fit around the brick.

Old 08-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

This is a poor man's approach to the tools. I got the peel as a gift - it had a 12 inch handle, not gonna work in this application. I bought the brush for cheap on the Internet, and that's right boy's and girl's - the shovel and rake is a pooper scooper from Pet Smart. The shaft's were made from EMT pipe and the handles I made from some scrap oak I had in the shop. But what the hey - it fills the time when it's too dark to do masonry. One thing I did realize - my welding skills have gone to crap - use it or lose it.

Les...
Attached Thumbnails
Les' Build-les-oven-021.jpg