Old 03-13-2013, 05:51 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: Keystone Size

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
Original poster, the owner of the thread.
Post away !!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by K79 View Post
I have 235sqin so if I go somewhere between 35 and 40 sqin for my vent opening I should be ok.

What are your thoughts on the arch itself? I was thinking of a 36" stack... too tall? I'ld love to be able to do it a little smaller.
Are you doing an igloo or a doghouse? 36" length works fine for draw with an 8" round on a ~40 inch oven (In my experience) but it will be too short for a doghouse (won't clear the roof eaves). Probably fine with an igloo.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:40 AM
Journeyman

I was planning on doing a full enclosure? It should work with that as well. What do I need for clearance over the top of the roof? I have almost 2'.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

The ends of your eaves are about 5 1/2 feet high in that design. Not sure how tall you are, but I personally wanted the eaves higher than my head. I had to go with 42" of pipe and that was just enough to get ~6'2" of clearance for the eaves. But I have never bumped my head!

Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
The ends of your eaves are about 5 1/2 feet high in that design. Not sure how tall you are, but I personally wanted the eaves higher than my head. I had to go with 42" of pipe and that was just enough to get ~6'2" of clearance for the eaves. But I have never bumped my head!
Is there some sort of height requirement though between the top of the insulation around the dome and the top of the roof. The FB plans say 4" but I'm not sure if this is just a recommendation or requirement for some safety reason. I'll be adjusting my roof pitch some thanks to your comment.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I think you probably should have some air space for circulation purposes.

When you start messing with the design, you may find as I did that the combo of acceptable clearance for the eaves + a roof pitch that doesn't look odd will dictate your flue height.

but you are a long way from needing to decide!

Here's my housing under construction for reference, showing dome clearance, pitch, and height.

Keystone Size-wp_000092.jpg