Old 03-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Kemo's South Austin Pizza Oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
overall, I think it turned out real well.
Extremely well
Thanks for the details! I was thinking of doing a very similar concrete pour.

There are just too many good ideas on this forum! I'm sort of glad I ran into trouble last fall. The delay is giving me a lot of time to look at ideas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:25 AM
Apprentice

sorry so long on the update, but Im a fair weather builder...

I managed to get the trim work partially done along with the SOFIT. I had never even heard of the word SOFIT untill about 3 weeks ago. Anyway, here are some pics of the oven as of this morning. The trim is all Hardi material but I did use just a bit of real wood trim to make the Sofit look good. So far, thats the only combustable material on the structure. And now for the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Kemo's South Austin Pizza Oven-1-ldft-side-oven.jpg   Kemo's South Austin Pizza Oven-2-right-side-oven.jpg   Kemo's South Austin Pizza Oven-3-upclose-oven.jpg   Kemo's South Austin Pizza Oven-4-sofit.jpg  
Old 04-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Apprentice

and here are a few things occupying my Time...Pizza COOKING and installation of cabinets in my Garage (weather independent project).
Attached Thumbnails
Kemo's South Austin Pizza Oven-2-fire.jpg   Kemo's South Austin Pizza Oven-3-pizza-fire.jpg   Kemo's South Austin Pizza Oven-4-pizza.jpg   Kemo's South Austin Pizza Oven-garage1.jpg  
Old 04-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow! Turning out really nice Steve. I'm totally impressed. I was a bit worried 3 months ago, but you've done incredible work. Congrats!

I think I first heard the word soffit a year-and-a-half ago. Funny how these things never make their way into your vocabulary, yet you see and live with them every day. But then again, I'm still trying to figure out how to fit antidisestablishmentarianism into a sentence that makes sense.

(geeze, I crack myself up. Sorry for the stupidity!)

-
Old 04-02-2008, 06:18 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice work Steve.
I am so far behind you... too busy cooking I guess.

It looks like you have figured out the pizza cooking, because your floor looks like
it's getting lots of use and your pizza looked perfect.

I, however, seem to have a dilemma now... I was going to leave my WFO dome shaped, but after seeing your enclosure.... hmmm..
What's a Dave to do?

Congrats on the build !

Dave

My costs:

My pics:

Old 04-02-2008, 07:39 AM
Apprentice

Dave,

If I could go back and do it all over...i might have left it looking like an igloo and dressed it up a bit! So much work and the pizza tastes the SAME!!

George (il pizzaiolo),

I think the Waco Davidians were strong proponents of antidisestablishmentarianism!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
Dave,

George (il pizzaiolo),

I think the Waco Davidians were strong proponents of antidisestablishmentarianism!
I think he's done it George!

Now if I just could decipher the word..........

My costs:

My pics:

Old 04-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

[QUOTE=Kemo;16287]All,

I have been lurking here for a while and finally jumped in and started on my oven!

So far so good with only a few problems. I borrowed a shovel and a dirty hoe from a buddy of mine, he also lent me a wheel barrow (sp?).

BTW, I'm a computer nerd and have never done anything like this before, so wish me luck.

QUOTE]

This thread should be referred to all those introductions/newbies who say they have no experience with masonry

Tiempo para guzarlos.....
...enjoy every sandwich!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Nice one XJ - Steve starts out with nothing - no equipment, no skills, and ends up with a beautiful oven in his back yard.

Steve - I'll try that sentence on my wife. She'll look at me cross-eyed and shake her head and mutter uninteligibly as she tries to ignore me. Good one!

-