Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree21Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Laborer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nashville,TN.
Posts: 66
Default Re: Just North of Nashville 42" Build

well I got some work done on the oven this holiday weekend. Got a few more courses cut and laid, also got the entry arch taken care of. I have most of the bricks cut for the next course and another 64 half's waiting to be angled and beveled as needed for the next two courses.

I also included a pic of the saw I decided to use for cutting the brick. I am sure I am not the first to use one but instead of the H.F. or other tile saws I went with a 12" compound miter saw with dual bevel. I took the guard off, attached a bracket for a magnet mounted water nozzle, and put a turbo diamond blade on it. I have used a similar setup with my old 10" miter saw in the past for cutting a ton of pavers. The nice thing about it is no major jigs needed, just set the angle and the bevel and away you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-6-1.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-6-3.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-6-4.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-6-5.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-saw.jpg  

__________________
Start of the Outdoor Kitchen Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Oven Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Steellearning's Avatar
Laborer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 82
Default Re: Just North of Nashville 42" Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelandStone View Post
well I got some work done on the oven this holiday weekend. Got a few more courses cut and laid, also got the entry arch taken care of. I have most of the bricks cut for the next course and another 64 half's waiting to be angled and beveled as needed for the next two courses.

I also included a pic of the saw I decided to use for cutting the brick. I am sure I am not the first to use one but instead of the H.F. or other tile saws I went with a 12" compound miter saw with dual bevel. I took the guard off, attached a bracket for a magnet mounted water nozzle, and put a turbo diamond blade on it. I have used a similar setup with my old 10" miter saw in the past for cutting a ton of pavers. The nice thing about it is no major jigs needed, just set the angle and the bevel and away you go.
Great looking build... I'm using a mitre saw too and it works great but I wish I had seen how you had connected water to your saw earlier. Its a real dusty process without.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Laborer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nashville,TN.
Posts: 66
Default Re: Just North of Nashville 42" Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steellearning View Post
Great looking build... I'm using a mitre saw too and it works great but I wish I had seen how you had connected water to your saw earlier. Its a real dusty process without.
SteelLearing,

It is a Loc-Line coolant system. Loc-Line Coolant Hose Magnetic Base Manifold Kit, 12 Piece, 1/4" Hose ID: Cutting Tool Coolants: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

All I did was take a section of metal strapping and use a few of the screw holes that hold the blade guard to attach it to the saw. You will get a much smoother cut and prolong the life of your blade by using it wet, even if it is a "Wet or Dry" blade.
Attached Thumbnails
Just North of Nashville 42" Build-loc-line.jpg  
__________________
Start of the Outdoor Kitchen Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Oven Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Steellearning's Avatar
Laborer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norway
Posts: 82
Default Re: Just North of Nashville 42" Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelandStone View Post
SteelLearing,

It is a Loc-Line coolant system. Loc-Line Coolant Hose Magnetic Base Manifold Kit, 12 Piece, 1/4" Hose ID: Cutting Tool Coolants: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

All I did was take a section of metal strapping and use a few of the screw holes that hold the blade guard to attach it to the saw. You will get a much smoother cut and prolong the life of your blade by using it wet, even if it is a "Wet or Dry" blade.
Thanks for the info..
This is good to know for all of us with no access to Harbor Freight, plus I'd think its easier to do multi bevelled cuts on a mitre saw.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Laborer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nashville,TN.
Posts: 66
Default Re: Just North of Nashville 42" Build

Been working on the oven as time permits. Here are a few pics of my progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-27-1.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-27-2.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-27-3.jpg  
merk likes this.
__________________
Start of the Outdoor Kitchen Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Oven Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Laborer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nashville,TN.
Posts: 66
Default Re: Just North of Nashville 42" Build

Finally got completely over the entry arch last night, I'm on the home stretch now. (I think)
Attached Thumbnails
Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-30-1.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-30-2.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-30-3.jpg  
merk likes this.
__________________
Start of the Outdoor Kitchen Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Oven Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-30-2014, 04:57 PM
UtahBeehiver's Avatar
Il Pizzaiolo
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,946
Default Re: Just North of Nashville 42" Build

Very nice dome brick work. Spot on, something to be proud of.
__________________
Russell

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Laborer
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Nashville,TN.
Posts: 66
Default Re: Just North of Nashville 42" Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Very nice dome brick work. Spot on, something to be proud of.
Thank you very much Russell,
I can almost taste them.

What ever became of the GooGoo's
__________________
Start of the Outdoor Kitchen Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Oven Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Peasant
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 35
Default Re: Just North of Nashville 42" Build

Soooo nice. Great work!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-01-2014, 12:12 PM
UtahBeehiver's Avatar
Il Pizzaiolo
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 1,946
Default Re: Just North of Nashville 42" Build

S and S,

The GooGoo clusters never lasted the week, the SWMBO sniped them one day for lunch. LOL
__________________
Russell

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 42" Pompeii Oven build, Northeast Ohio boylanta Brick Oven Photos 204 10-13-2014 06:38 PM
42" Oven build in UK unclebhuna Pompeii Oven Construction 9 04-14-2014 02:07 PM
Labor to cut and build a 42" dome? Paul_H Pompeii Oven Construction 8 04-03-2014 05:04 PM
42" Build has begun in Paso Robles Ca. Question on Base Stand Novaslo Pompeii Oven Construction 0 03-16-2014 08:57 AM
Aussie 42" Build - looking for Inspiration!! hammo7 Pompeii Oven Construction 11 10-17-2011 06:26 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
2006/10 Forno Bravo, LLC