Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 07:47 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Just North of Nashville 42" Build

well I got some work done on the oven this holiday weekend. Got a few more courses cut and laid, also got the entry arch taken care of. I have most of the bricks cut for the next course and another 64 half's waiting to be angled and beveled as needed for the next two courses.

I also included a pic of the saw I decided to use for cutting the brick. I am sure I am not the first to use one but instead of the H.F. or other tile saws I went with a 12" compound miter saw with dual bevel. I took the guard off, attached a bracket for a magnet mounted water nozzle, and put a turbo diamond blade on it. I have used a similar setup with my old 10" miter saw in the past for cutting a ton of pavers. The nice thing about it is no major jigs needed, just set the angle and the bevel and away you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-6-1.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-6-3.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-6-4.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-6-5.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-saw.jpg  

Oven Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelandStone View Post
well I got some work done on the oven this holiday weekend. Got a few more courses cut and laid, also got the entry arch taken care of. I have most of the bricks cut for the next course and another 64 half's waiting to be angled and beveled as needed for the next two courses.

I also included a pic of the saw I decided to use for cutting the brick. I am sure I am not the first to use one but instead of the H.F. or other tile saws I went with a 12" compound miter saw with dual bevel. I took the guard off, attached a bracket for a magnet mounted water nozzle, and put a turbo diamond blade on it. I have used a similar setup with my old 10" miter saw in the past for cutting a ton of pavers. The nice thing about it is no major jigs needed, just set the angle and the bevel and away you go.
Great looking build... I'm using a mitre saw too and it works great but I wish I had seen how you had connected water to your saw earlier. Its a real dusty process without.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steellearning View Post
Great looking build... I'm using a mitre saw too and it works great but I wish I had seen how you had connected water to your saw earlier. Its a real dusty process without.
SteelLearing,

It is a Loc-Line coolant system. Loc-Line Coolant Hose Magnetic Base Manifold Kit, 12 Piece, 1/4" Hose ID: Cutting Tool Coolants: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

All I did was take a section of metal strapping and use a few of the screw holes that hold the blade guard to attach it to the saw. You will get a much smoother cut and prolong the life of your blade by using it wet, even if it is a "Wet or Dry" blade.
Attached Thumbnails
Just North of Nashville 42" Build-loc-line.jpg  

Oven Build Thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:57 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelandStone View Post
SteelLearing,

It is a Loc-Line coolant system. Loc-Line Coolant Hose Magnetic Base Manifold Kit, 12 Piece, 1/4" Hose ID: Cutting Tool Coolants: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

All I did was take a section of metal strapping and use a few of the screw holes that hold the blade guard to attach it to the saw. You will get a much smoother cut and prolong the life of your blade by using it wet, even if it is a "Wet or Dry" blade.
Thanks for the info..
This is good to know for all of us with no access to Harbor Freight, plus I'd think its easier to do multi bevelled cuts on a mitre saw.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:26 PM
Laborer

Been working on the oven as time permits. Here are a few pics of my progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-27-1.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-27-2.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-27-3.jpg  
merk likes this.

Oven Build Thread
Old 07-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Laborer

Finally got completely over the entry arch last night, I'm on the home stretch now. (I think)
Attached Thumbnails
Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-30-1.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-30-2.jpg   Just North of Nashville 42" Build-7-30-3.jpg  
merk likes this.

Oven Build Thread
Old 07-30-2014, 04:57 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Very nice dome brick work. Spot on, something to be proud of.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 07-30-2014, 05:06 PM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Very nice dome brick work. Spot on, something to be proud of.
Thank you very much Russell,
I can almost taste them.

What ever became of the GooGoo's

Oven Build Thread
Old 08-01-2014, 09:50 AM
Peasant

Soooo nice. Great work!
Old 08-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

S and S,

The GooGoo clusters never lasted the week, the SWMBO sniped them one day for lunch. LOL

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log