Old 07-15-2010, 03:43 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: James' deck, fireplace and 36inch oven

I have only just started doing the brickwork for the fireplace - too much time spent cooking pizzas, bread and roasts

I will put up some photos in the next week or 2. I do still plan to combine the flue from the pizza oven and the fireplace so that I only have one chimney on the roof.

Cheers
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:16 AM
Apprentice

Well so much for finishing that quickly.
Been a while since I have been on here - been too busy cooking all maner of roasts, bread, pizzas and having a baby (well my wife did anyway).

Well today was a great day cause I got to light my fireplace for the first time - not really needed on a 30c summers afternoon but even at that temp the fireplace drew well and puffed out no more smoke than the pizza oven. Can't wait until an crisp winters night to really crank it up.

Here is how the fireplace looks all finished off

This is looking up at the roof of the fireplace - my back was sore for days after putting in some of those bricks in and contorting into shapes my body just wasn't meant to, was worth it though

First fireplace fire

How the pizza oven and fireplace look at the moment. I need to join the flu from the fireplace and from the pizza oven together before I can brick all the way to the roof.

Cheers
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:49 PM
Apprentice

That looks great!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:12 AM
Serf

Thanks for the follow-up on the fireplace's functionality James. I think that's an excellent use for the base and wonder why it isn't done more often.
I want to try out something similar with our oven project, especially since most evenings here can be a little cool, even in the summer.
Did the chimney for the fireplace draw well with all the bends in the ducting?
Is the fireplace dimensioned to any particular formula or did you work it out as you went along and space allowed? It seems as if there's a bit of science involved with the dimensions for the flue box, smoke chamber, etc.
Thanks,
Alex