Old 06-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Peasant

Default Re: insulation blanket

Hi, all

As a follow up to my insulation question about three versus four FB blankets, I have been firing up to 1200 degrees the last few days and the outside temp on the mortar shell never got above 95 dgrees, even after two hours of fire.

Three is more than adequate for efficient insulation on a 42 inch dome!

Tom
Menifee, CA
Old 06-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yikes! 1200 degrees
Isn't it fun () to go that high although I don't think I've gotten over 950. That's good to know, it kinda corroborates how well the FB blanket works for our ovens.
Glad to hear you only used 3 blankets and saved some money. And your done just in time for the summer too.
-Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Peasant

Dino-

Hey thanks for replying to my message. I wanted you to know that I used your idea on my entry arch according to the pictures you posted. I cut the notches out for the reveal as you did. I really liked the way it came out!

I printed out your picture and had it outside by the arch as I built it.

Right now I am finishing the dome with common brick. It's more work than I anticipated, but it's gonna look great.

I have already cooked four pizzas, two loaves of bread and we did chicken for dinner. I thought maybe it was all in my mind that it tasted so incredible, but my family backs me up on the fact that everything coming out of it is has the most amazing taste we have ever experienced.

Well worth the 5 months!

Sincerely,

Tom