Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Pompeii Oven Construction (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   Huck Buld (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/huck-buld-12994.html)

morrishuckeba 05-20-2010 02:29 PM

Huck Buld

5 Attachment(s)
Well today, I finally got started on my WFO. I cut the soldiers and made a layout of my floor plan. The concrete truck finally showed up today and I got my slab poured. I have had my concrete on order for two weeks finally I called another company today and they said they can bring it this afternoon. Here are a few photos of my progress let me know what you think and if there is anything I should change let me know. I ordered the Harbor freight 10” saw $199.00 I had a 20% discount coupon. I sure do like it cuts like a dream.
Huck

P.S. One more photo in nex post.

:D

morrishuckeba 05-20-2010 02:31 PM

Re: Huck Buld

1 Attachment(s)
last photo

texassourdough 05-20-2010 02:42 PM

Another human bites the dust and is destined to become a fire addict!

Looks like you are off to a good start. I like the use of wine! And the pics demonstrate the use of the tool well.

Haven't been to Ruidoso in a long time. We need someone to develop the Hatch Chile Pizza and you are good candidate!

Good Luck!
Jay

morrishuckeba 05-21-2010 01:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Today everything went pretty smooth. I got Cinderblock stacked and the angle and installed. Tomorrow hope for the blocks of concrete and maybe Sunday I would be putting in the upper floor supports.

Hatch Chile Pizza!!! that is somthing to think about.

Tscarborough 05-21-2010 02:00 PM

I put hatch chilies on almost everything!

morrishuckeba 05-22-2010 03:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
:)I got quite a bit done on my pizza oven stand. I mixed and poured 20 bags of Concrete and failed all of the concrete blocks. And frame the bottom tray and installed rebar. Tomorrow I hope to be able to frame it out with 2X8 and be ready to pour the final slab Monday.

morrishuckeba 05-24-2010 12:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well I got my hearth frame out and the concrete poured. Thatís about as far as I can go for a few days. I will have to make a trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico to pick up more fire brick and heat stop50, and order Ceramic Fiber Board.:)

christo 05-26-2010 02:43 PM

Looking good. Those forms remind me of my pour.... I must have reused those form boards 5 or 6 times before they got to ugly or too small to use.

Christo

morrishuckeba 05-26-2010 04:47 PM

Christo
I hope this is my first and last build.
Huck

eprante 05-26-2010 08:04 PM

Really? I have my oven finished and am missing out on all the fun you guys are having. I am with Lars, "this may not be my last oven"
Eric