Old 08-27-2009, 09:50 AM

Default Re: How to locate oven in relation to overhead trees

Quote:
spit roast capable fireplace
There are worse ways of doing this than putting a bearing in the back of your dome, and having the spit come out the front. Unlike an outdoor fireplace you can be pretty sure that your oven is going to vent properly.

Smoker? No help from me. I think a NC pit roast barbeque is a sorry thing to do to a piece of meat.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Serf

I'm from Terre Haute.

I wanted to make the fire place spit capable for the occasional pig roast. Not too big maybe 150# on the hoof.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hoosier,
Im confused, Do you want the spit in the oven, Or are you building a seperate cooking area for it ?

I am thinking of building a side bar off my oven with a firepit/rotisserie. Im thinkin a 30 x 60 inch area for holding the wood/charcoal heat source, and buy a good rotisserie motor, I can do the metal work for the spit... Now to get it out of my head and onto the groud...
Mark
Old 08-28-2009, 05:16 AM
Serf

What I have in my head is a 42" oven at normal height, then where you often see a wood storage area, building a long shallow trapezoidal fire place that would allow me to have iron mounts in place. These iron mounts (think farm gate post mounts) would allow me to lift off the spit when not in use and put on black iron doors much like a wood stove.

These doors would serve as a smoke generating chamber. I would like to be able to use the oven above as a smoker/grill as well as oven.