Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: How bad did I screw up? Used the wrong mortar

Fire it up.
Put food in it
Enjoy the eating

What will be , will be in the interim you get to taste the spoils

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yeah, never mind. Fire it up, it'll be just wonderful.
GarnerAC likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 07-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Red face Re: How bad did I screw up? Used the wrong mortar

G'day stonecutter
Problem is we haven't had peep out of the original poster.... Frustrating sometimes..... He could add to the collective knowledge....
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 07-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Yeah, never mind. Fire it up, it'll be just wonderful.
Kind of a sarcastic tone, but I get the point. Don't worry about any more contradicting advice from me. You da man .
GarnerAC likes this.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulf View Post
Kind of a sarcastic tone, but I get the point. Don't worry about any more contradicting advice from me. You da man .
It was, but i wasn't aiming it at anyone specifically. Thanks for that.

If you have contradicting advice what do I care?..back it up with facts, not opinions. I've said before I'm not here for my ego...if that's how you want to read it, so be it.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin

Last edited by stonecutter; 07-09-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:

If you have contradicting advice what do I care?..back it up with facts, not opinions. I've said before I'm not here for my ego...if that's how you want to read it, so be it.
So mote it be

Old 07-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

An oven is an investment in time and capital. Proceed as such.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:06 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:

G'day Stonecutter
Would not expect you to compromise your position, your a professional oven builder , and an asset to the forum .
I'm a mugg builder who will never forget the encouragement I got from the original plans .... It basically said.
If you have the choice between medium duty firebrick light duty firebrick or red commons .....build the oven anyway.
Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 07-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Apprentice

Funny, the original poster, has no idea that everyone jumped on the thread like this.

Not being a pro and spending 3 hard months on my build, I have dreamt about it many times. I still think one of my bricks in my arch will fall down and know specifically where the weak points are. Or should I say, the places where I wish that I spent more time crafting properly.

I wish I would have created a larger flu entry.... as an example
I am very glad that I used the right materials and feel strongly that if something went wrong I could easily fix it. Perhaps with steel if I had to.

For the OP - I still think it comes down to - How done is done?

If it is done done - too late, cook ya butt off till it falls.
If it is mid build, go do it right...

That my 2 cents - from a novice.

I often cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food...
WC Fields

Link to my build

Old 07-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Apprentice

Here is my 5 dollars worth, build the thing the best you can. Use what you are suppose to use, if you expect to get any amount of life from the build. People I work with, always say, you can only build it as good as the materials allow. I agree to a certain point in regards to that statement. My thoughts are simple, why put all the time and effort into something that costs you a lot of time and money if you are going to do it half assed,oppps. Did I say that!!!! This site has pro,s and builders who have never touched a trowel in their lifetime. The smart ones will grab the info provided from the site itself along with the knowledge from the pro,s and run with it. If you are going to cut corners or use sub standard materials so be it. It is a lot of work to build an oven, why not do it right from the start. Wayne
Novaslo likes this.

Last edited by Campmaki; 07-10-2014 at 07:15 PM.