Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 04:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Greg's Pompeii 42" - San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisen View Post
Dino,
Ice in my wine? Perish the thought.
Ice in my homemade Sangria on a hot day, required.
It WAS Sangria! thank god. That's a wonderful choice for this sweltering hot early summer we're having.

BTW: I like your breakfast pizza too. Potato (on ANY pizza, not just a breakfast one) is a greatly overlooked topping.

thanks for posting the pics,
-
Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 08:37 PM
Serf

Amazing job. I just registered to say how inspiring this is. Hope to have my own one day in the not too distant future.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Apprentice

Jeff,
Thank you very much. It was a lot of work, but very satisfying and rewarding. We consistently use it several times a month.

Click to see my Thread:

Click to see Google web album:

Old 08-11-2013, 03:02 PM
Serf

Default Re: Inside Arch Complete

how did you make the cuts for the arch? I also have the angleizer, but my saw can"t make the cuts all the way thru the 4.5" brick
Old 08-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Serf

Greg, been using your build as a guide for mine. I am also using the angleizer, but am having troubles making the cuts for the arch. my harbor freight saw cant cut thru the 4.5" of brick. Do you have any thoughts or pics of your cuts? any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Apprentice

Joe
I experienced the same difficulty and my best advice is don't sweat it too much. Morter covers a lot of sins. I made the best cut i could and then would flip the brick over and manually eyeball it and guide it by hand down the blade as best i could. I can not reccomend this method unless you are stupid like me. Your fingers will get dangerously close to the blade and one slip could cause life long damage. Luckily for me, God looks out for his mistakes and i have a angel on my shoulder.

If i had it to do over again, i would study some of the archs some of our fellow builders have been doing recently. Very impressive. Rather than having the dome mesh into a flat front arch like mine, they have blended the arch into the curvature of the dome. very clean.

One thing to remember, only you will know what the inside arch looks like. Functionally, messy and pretty both cook pizza.

Click to see my Thread:

Click to see Google web album: