Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Greg's Pompeii 42" - San Diego

understand the rush. the hardest part is after the oven is built and ready to cook but before you make it pretty. many a builder have left months (dare i say years) go by before finishing it. i took the advice of many others and prepared myself mentally for the transition. took three days off from work and pushed through to knock out the outside. I am glad i did, cuz once your belly is full of wine and pizza, who wants to work anymore.

the hook is perfect. it came as part of a fireplace tool set complete with a ash shovel, small broom and log lifter. the four piece set was less than $40.

Click to see my Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Click to see Google web album:

Old 05-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Serf

I have been having great difficulty uploading photos of my completed oven to the forum. I keep getting error messages indicationg that the file is too large or the file type is wrong. I've tried uploading smaller size files but thats not working. Any suggestions what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Apprentice

Steve
I have never had a problem so i can't really say where the challenge is.
try this thread
http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f2/u...otos-3241.html (Uploading photos)
greg

Click to see my Thread:

Last edited by geisen; 07-01-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Apprentice

Simmer time pizza parties are in full swing

Click to see my Thread:

Old 07-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by geisen View Post
understand the rush. the hardest part is after the oven is built and ready to cook but before you make it pretty. many a builder have left months (dare i say years) go by before finishing it. i took the advice of many others and prepared myself mentally for the transition. took three days off from work and pushed through to knock out the outside. I am glad i did, cuz once your belly is full of wine and pizza, who wants to work anymore.

the hook is perfect. it came as part of a fireplace tool set complete with a ash shovel, small broom and log lifter. the four piece set was less than $40.
Where did you get all that for $40?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:12 PM
Apprentice

Bought it someplace like Kmart for the fireplace a long time ago. All four tools on one stand maybe 30" high.

Click to see my Thread:

Old 07-01-2013, 11:32 PM
Apprentice

Pizza Carbonara - Two eggs scrambled mixed with 1 cup Romano cheese and fresh ground black pepper. Lots of pancetta on top. Cook in a wood fired oven at 900deg F for 90seconds. Off da hook. Each slice comes with a defibrillator.
Attached Thumbnails
Greg's Pompeii 42" - San Diego-image.jpg  

Click to see my Thread:

Old 07-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Great pizza there Greg. Been wanting to add an egg to a pizza and this looks fantastic. Um, is that a sangria or is there ice cubes in your wine glass?

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Apprentice

Dino,
Ice in my wine? Perish the thought.
Ice in my homemade Sangria on a hot day, required.

While far from healthy, the Pizza Carbonara was delicious.

Also tried breakfast pizza the next morning.

coat crust and thing sliced potatoes with olive oil. Layer par-cooked bacon, goat cheese, potatos, thin sliced red onion, salt and pepper to taste. cook til crust is slightly firm (30sec), pull out, crack egg in the center, back in until egg is firm. Yum.
Attached Thumbnails
Greg's Pompeii 42" - San Diego-2013-06-30-breakfast-pizza-7   Greg's Pompeii 42" - San Diego-2013-06-30-breakfast-pizza-4   Greg's Pompeii 42" - San Diego-2013-06-30-breakfast-pizza-8   Greg's Pompeii 42" - San Diego-2013-06-30-breakfast-pizza-14   Greg's Pompeii 42" - San Diego-2013-06-30-breakfast-pizza-10  

Click to see my Thread:

Old 07-12-2013, 05:08 PM
Apprentice

and for the kids (of all ages).
Smores pizza.

melted butter
crushed graham crackers
Nutella

cook until almost done.
add minature marshmellows.
They only take 30 seconds to brown.
Attached Thumbnails
Greg's Pompeii 42" - San Diego-2013-06-23-smores-pizza.jpg  

Click to see my Thread: