Old 03-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Gas conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
It's snowing right now, fire up your ovens The dino's didn't burn wood and they are gone. I'm with Mike - lets eat!

Also - RT is right on!
I wonder where we'd be if the dinosaurs had discovered fire and the wheel. They might have gone on to discover pizza too.
Old 03-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by david s View Post
I wonder where we'd be if the dinosaurs had discovered fire and the wheel. They might have gone on to discover pizza too.
That's damn funny Dave. Considering they were carnivores and herbivores, I am sure the pies would look the same.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Journeyman

-Okay David, your right about the neutral thing. I was thinking on what was more "green" for the environment.
-But I still say gas ovens/grills suck compared to anything cooked with wood/charcoal. Isn't that why we spend so much time on this forum?
Old 03-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

On the one hand our ovens might be considered carbon neutral so therefore better than something that use fossil fuels, but the downside is that we put some nasty emissions into the atmosphere via wood smoke. Regarding wood fired for cooking, I think we are all convinced that it is superior, although once your oven has reached a good temp there should be virtually no smoke if it is working efficiently, I think it is the very high temp we can achieve that makes the WFO superior for cooking pizza. If doing a roast you need place a little fuel on the coals and seal the oven so there is no flame and the thing smokes inside, deliberately making it burn inefficiently.