Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Serf

Default Re: Dino's 42" Pizza Oven Starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_Pizza View Post
No problem Lburou,
They are 20 watt MR11 low voltage lights wired with "malibu light" cable to an LV (low volltage) transformer I bought at Home Depot. The lights I bought on-line.

They are small and fit in nice with the size of the oven and provide PLENTY of light.
Good luck, Dino
Dino can you tell us which website did you use to buy your lights. Having difficulty on finding these light? Do they generate heat ?
Old 11-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

I used Onestoplighting.com

I just looked it up and here is the web link
Fixture with Housing by Sea Gull Lighting : 9426-12 : 1STOPlighting.com

It's a Seagull fixture, 20watt low voltage, has a glass gasketted lens. I had to buy the lamp separately and I provided my own 12 volt transformer and wiring.

Sorry about getting back to you so late, so I hope this helps!,
Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Apprentice

Hey Dino,

I have finally finished reading your build thread after many weeks and you did an amazazing job!! We are headed to my parents in SoCal for Christmas and my wife asked how far away you live from them after seeing the pics of your food. Don't worry, we won't crash any parties.

Again, fantastic job!

Nate
Old 11-16-2011, 11:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Nate,
And yes, I'm open to anyone who wants to visit to see "Petra Forno". (I've named my oven )

If you and your wife are in the area of Northridge, and I'm not busy, I'd be happy to show it to you. Just private message me if your close enough and have time.

Thanks again and good luck on your oven,
Dino

My Oven Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey Nate,

Where in socal you gonna be? I'm on the LA County/Orange County border. If you manage to get a time to visit with Dino maybe I could briefly join you if Dino doesn't mind. I've always wanted to see 'Petra'.
John
Old 11-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Sounds like a plan-in-the-making. I'll let you know John, if anything happens.
-Dino

My Oven Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Apprentice

Hey Dino and John,

I will private message both of you to see what we can throw together if you are both serious.

Nate
Old 11-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino_Pizza View Post
I'm open to anyone who wants to visit to see "Petra Forno". (I've named my oven )
Love at first light was it?

You know when its good when you actually name your oven.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Serf

Dino,

Here are two pics of my 36 inch oven. I am in the process of finishing. Initially I was planning to get a stucco guy to finish it off. Today he quoted me $3500. I was woowed. He said he will apply a primer and a syntetic mesh and the stucco over it. I already put durock cement boards.

Now thinking of doing stucco myself or ordering stone and veneer it.

You did stucco yourself. Do you recommend stucco or stone? Was stucco tough to do?

Another question for you is you didnt use a mesh for stone to hold on too. Like Pizzabob used a wire mesh and then stone over it. Do you think mesh is necessary for either stone or stucco. Can I do any application directly over cinder block or durock cement board.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks, ilkay
Attached Thumbnails
Dino's 42" Pizza Oven Starts-photo2.jpg   Dino's 42" Pizza Oven Starts-photo.jpg  
Old 11-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Today he quoted me $3500
$3500! Ha! That's ludicrous. It's amazing that guys can sleep at night after raping uneducated buyers. Caveat emptor.