Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Dino's 42" Pizza Oven Starts

Wow, very cool shade. Thanks for sharing as your build has helped me alot and continues...

My projects:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

This attachment is a "study" of a 36" dome and how it fits on a 3.5 block deep and 4.0 block deep base for Gene.
It is NOT my dome but a pdf file for him to check out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 36 inch study for Gene.pdf (442.9 KB, 181 views)

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Journeyman

Dino,
Congrats on the sourdough starter pizza. Here is a link to a recipe that I use and it seems to work well. The sails look great, I may use that for over my counter.
Eric
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Neapolitan Pizza Recipe.pdf (25.4 KB, 142 views)
Old 09-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Eric, good looking recipe, I'll definitely try it next time. The smashed tomato sauce is exactly the kind I like on my pizzas.

Going all Sour Dough Starter has really simplified the timing, especially for larger parties; don't have to worry about demanding yeast dough's over rising and petering out.

Your counter is looking good. Take care, Dino

My Oven Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Apprentice

Hello Dino,
I hope you're enjoying your pizza oven!
I had a question for you. Is there a reason why you cut the bricks circular to form a hole for the anchor plate/vent? I just cut all my bricks with angles and then rested the anchor plate on top. There is steel exposed because I didn't cut the circular brick segments like you did. But the angles do come colse to the inner 8" diameter of the anchor plate. Were you concerned with possible damage to the anchor plate so you put it behind bricks? I haven't mortared anything in place yet but will tonight or tomorrow...

Hope all is well with you.

Thanks,
Bob

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!
Old 09-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Bob,
I've been on a road-trip to Yellowstone (4 days) then 2 at Grand Tetons and a couple driving across WY to see Mt Rushmore and Crazy Horse which was surprisingly one of the most fantastic sights I've ever seen.

You've probably mortared your anchor plate by now. Your method is fine. I had no worries of metal flashing exposed on the vent chamber. It was a function of my wide opening and steep chamber that made it seem "right' to cut a circular flat area to sandwich my vent-flashing.

Haven't used my oven in almost 2 months however I have a boat-load of non-pizza stuff on my list to get to, really soon. My vacations this summer are over so I'm back to designing and making my 'real' wfo door.

I'll check out your site too and see how it's going.
Take care, Dino

My Oven Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

We had a beautiful Christmas Eve pizza/duck party in the wfo. It was 67deg and sunny and a real treat to play in the wofo.
Started off with lamb skewers on the Forno Bravo Tuscan Grill:

Then on to Lobster Pizza. This was such a hit that it will now be a regular xmas tradition. It has lobster claw meat, fresh basil, mozza, parma and a very light tomato sauce that was augmented with saffron and white wine to sweeten it up a bit. Again, as I've said on other posts: I love using all sourdough starter since I can make it 2 days ahead and let it sit out a few hours and never worry about over-rising like I did with ADY yeasted dough.

The main coarse was 2 ducks and 1 beer can chicken but it all happened so fast (read: too much wine by then ) that I forgot to take pics. It marinated in black tea, a bit of honey and soy and I'd do it again. Oh well, Happy Holidays to all my friends on the FB site

-Dino

My Oven Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dino,

Great-lookin' lobster pie! Thanks for sharing, I'm definitely gonna try one of these once the oven and kitchen are completed. Also, the more I see of your oven the better it looks! Have a healthy and safe New Year!

John
Old 12-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Master Builder

Awesome cook! Glad to hear everything went well! Good thing we did not get the rain til late in the evening on Xmas.

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO
Old 12-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Dino's 42" Pizza Oven Starts

You're my hero with that build and that menu