Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Dino's 42" Pizza Oven Starts

Oh wow! Your oven looks amazing, very very nice... congratulations!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Master Builder

Dino, I've enjoyed watching every step of your build. The final product, as well as the entire yard and garden, looks great! It's really quite awesome. I don't think I'll be showing this final photo to my wife. She might want me to do a redo!

Congratulations!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Apprentice

Dino,
Your oven has monopolized the front page. Congratulations.
Dave
Old 06-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Apprentice

Dino,

Top Drawer! Tastefully and admirably done. I'm sure everyone here would like to thank you too... for all the advice and insight you have accumulated and unselfishly shared with with everyone.

Now do post pics of all the good food to come!

Morgans
Old 06-23-2010, 06:33 AM
Journeyman

Absolutely beautiful finish to your oven Dino. Congratulations on a very well done job.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Wade, and everyone else for your kind comments. Francis, your oven is still THE best mosaic oven on the planet.
I'm glad you're still talking to me Mike since I purposely slowed down on my build just to see you finish to see 'how it's done' .

It's so weird not having to work on the oven anymore. Weekends are no longer "well, we ARE going to work on the oven today". I want to throw out every partial bag of cement, mortar, sand, lime, fireclay, stuff I have no idea where I used it, etc... and get my garage back.

Yesterday I came home from work threw in left over pizza from Sundays party to reheat it in the wfo and this is what I had time to do:

Sat in the pool, making limoncello. I had about 10 lemons from my 1st crop from my imported "Sorento Lemon" tree. Last batch I made was with Eurekas. I hope this is even better.

This is going to be a good summer. Thanks everyone, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 07:55 PM
Apprentice

Dino,
What a GREAT job you and Mike did on your oven! I can only hope mine will look 1/2 as nice as yours. I still have no clue as to what to do with the exterior but you have given me some great ideas! I hope you will still be involved with the forum to help the slackers like me who have been building for two years! I truly appreciate all the advice you have provided and look forward to seeing more pictures from you. They don't have to be oven construction pictures - I love to see pizza and food pictures too!
Enjoy your oven - you deserve it!

Best Regards,
Bob

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Laborer

Dino, you have a wonderful life!

D
Old 06-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Apprentice

Dino,

Thanks for the info although turns out I got a great deal on some cultured stone on Craigslist. Your lights in the soffit have inspired me though....love the night view

Peter
Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks Dan and I can't wait to see your stones and lighting too, Peter.

Thanks Bob, both Mike and I appreciate the compliment. Having taken a year and half of our lives to do this is as you know, quite a feat and something we will always remember fondly. And hey... your oven is already at least 1/2 again better than mine and your not done yet .

Oh, and I'll be posting more food pics. Watching what others do is so inspiring and makes one want to always try something new, different or better.

Thanks again Bob,
Cheers, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread