Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Dino's 42" Pizza Oven Starts

Welcome back Dino,
I like the stone. Now that I've quit for the season, I'll enjoy following your progress.

Happy New Year,

dave
Old 12-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Apprentice

That is really nice looking stone Dino.
Sooo....what are your ideas for the counter? It's been fun and informative reading your build, looking forward to the finish.

Tom
Old 01-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Still waiting for my stone facade bricks to arrive and I'm too lazy to set my counter. We're baby sitting a Portuguese Water Dog and he started diving in our pool yesterday! It's not heated but he didn't care. One of the pics I snapped had the pizza oven in the background while he was air-born diving for his toy, so that's my excuse that makes it topical
Attached Thumbnails
Dino's 42" Pizza Oven Starts-dsc_7232.jpg  

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:53 AM
Master Builder

I still can't get over all of those lemons!

Old 01-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Apprentice

Dino, great photo of the dog and I love how your oven and enclosure look from the pool area. You have a very nice yard and I would love to have citrus in my yard like that. Our Myer lemon is still alive, but it didn't like the cold temps we had back in Dec.

Tom
Old 01-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Apprentice

Hey Dino,
I need to show my wife that pic. She wants to put a fish pond in the back yard.
Attached Thumbnails
Dino's 42" Pizza Oven Starts-walneypark-013.jpg  
Old 01-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfiore View Post
I still can't get over all of those lemons!
I can't believe the dog didn't land on a block of ice! So. Cal is obvious a nice place to be right now...

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Serf

Dino,

I'm brand new to the forum and just caught up from start to finish on your build up to now. I am amazed at the skill you have gained from the begining. A WFO has been a dream of mine for several years and I can say without a doubt that I can do this... perhaps not to the standard you have set, but I will be breaking ground soon. I'm up north about 80 miles north of Reno, NV in the little town of Susanville. Going to have to wait until the ground thaws a bit, but once it does I will be on it full tilt to completion. I'm fortunate to have summers off and I plan to finish before I go back to school (I teach high school auto shop).

Your build is an inspiration. Thank you for the time you spent recording it for us all.
Mike Vivilacqua
Old 01-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Dino,

I was at my son and daughter's swim meet this weekend and opened your post from my iphone. Michael Phelps had just finished his race and I have to tell you, I got a bigger grin from the dog's dive than Michaels!

Oh, and Les, here in Orange County we have received in excess of 6" of rain in the last week or so, and while it's great for the San Bernardino mountain snowpack, it's been hell trying to get around the flooded streets.

John
Old 01-21-2010, 03:40 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hey John, I keep looking at all my photos of the puppy in the pool last Saturday and can't believe we've not seen any sun since then! This IS suppose to be SoCal but I'm really lovin' this wet weather.

Mike, Glad to hear to you've enjoyed my wfo build/pics. Can't wait to see you start. Hey, if I don't keep moving and you plan to start and finish by end of summer, you'll be ahead of me ! Ask any questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

Dave, build your puppy (and wife) a fish pond, it's the least you could do for them after being so busy with the pizza oven .

I hope the weather drys this weekend, I've got wfo plans to hit the eaves or counter. We'll see how far I get. Cheers, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread