Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2007, 12:07 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Dave's Pics of Progress

Here are some pics of the form building process.
Attached Thumbnails
Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-26-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-29-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-25-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-27-.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My costs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My pics:

Old 09-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I wanted an 1.5 inch over hang around the sides and back, and a twelve inch cantilever in the front. Here is a close up of how I used 2x4's to create this overhang.
Attached Thumbnails
Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-30-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-31-.jpg  

My costs:

My pics:

Old 09-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Just some pics of the form and supports from inside the stand.
Attached Thumbnails
Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-32-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-33-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-34-.jpg  

My costs:

My pics:

Old 09-16-2007, 12:14 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

A pile of gravel/sand mix. And two bags of Portland cement. I should of bought three, my wife had to go grab another at the end.
Attached Thumbnails
Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-36-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-38-.jpg  

My costs:

My pics:

Old 09-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Me and my new hoe.

The best hoe I ever had.

And I really got to know this one well!
Attached Thumbnails
Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-39-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-40-.jpg  

My costs:

My pics:

Old 09-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The table, the bucket, and my daughter doing the sand shoveling.
Attached Thumbnails
Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-35-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-10-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-41-.jpg  

My costs:

My pics:

Old 09-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The first batch of concrete. Time was about 9:50a.m. And spraying down the form before the pour. It's best to start with damp forms to hold moisture in as long as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-1-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-2-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-3-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour.jpg  

My costs:

My pics:

Old 09-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The bowl we used to measure concrete. The five gallon bucket for sand/gravel.

And the first batch in the form. I mixed 5 gallons of sand/gravel to 1 gallon of concrete and poured in about a half a gallon of water.

I tried to work from the middle to the outside, instead of from one end to the other.
Attached Thumbnails
Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-5-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-1-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-11-.jpg  

My costs:

My pics:

Old 09-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

A few pics of the pour progress. Note - the long board was used to screed the concrete. We just laid the board on the outside edges of the form and swept it back and forth in a quick motion while we moved forward.

And my beautiful wife! So supportive.
Attached Thumbnails
Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-7-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-9-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-20-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-13-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-14-.jpg  

My costs:

My pics:

Old 09-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

The bucket was cheap and lightweight, but it sure was heavy when full. So to pour different sections of the slab, I would lay the screed board in the direction I needed to go and slide the bucket on top of it to the desired location.
Attached Thumbnails
Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-15-.jpg   Dave's Pics of Progress-heath-pour-16-.jpg  

My costs:

My pics: