Old 01-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: concrete weight

Jed: I went to look at the placarding in the bus and learned about GVWR and GAWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating & Gross Axle Weight Rating). I still need to find the bus' Curb Weight in order to determine its Rated Cargo Load.
GVWR is 10,980. Front GAWR is 4,000 and Rear GAWR is 7.900. This seems to me to mean I am actually well situated.
I am sorry about the elephants. Ran into some mix up with PETA over that so the whole enchilada was scrapped. Ditto any suggestion of pack mules, gorillas (though no objection to guerillas) or any other large animal.

Archena: My friend the mechanic & I have actually sketched out an angle iron frame not unlike the FB one you posted. My apologies for the red splotch above your brow.

As for discouragement, I have learned that FB forum people and oven enthusiasts will have none of it. This is a good thing as I had not yet thrown in the trowel and had planned on bugging you all with questions, photos of progress and an invitation to pizza before summer's end. Stay tuned brick & mortar crowd. This sojourn is only beginning.

Many thanks all around.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: concrete weight

Jed: I went to look at the placarding in the bus and learned about GVWR and GAWR (Gross Vehicle Weight Rating & Gross Axle Weight Rating). I still need to find the bus' Curb Weight in order to determine its Rated Cargo Load.
GVWR is 10,980. Front GAWR is 4,000 and Rear GAWR is 7.900. This seems to me to mean I am actually well situated.
I am sorry about the elephants. Ran into some mix up with PETA over that so the whole enchilada was scrapped. Ditto any suggestion of pack mules, gorillas (though no objection to guerillas) or any other large animal.

Archena: My friend the mechanic & I have actually sketched out an angle iron frame not unlike the FB one you posted. My apologies for the red splotch above your brow.

As for discouragement, I have learned that FB forum people and oven enthusiasts will have none of it. This is a good thing as I had not yet thrown in the trowel and had planned on bugging you all with questions, photos of progress and an invitation to pizza before summer's end. Stay tuned brick & mortar crowd. This sojourn is only beginning.

Many thanks all around.