Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Laborer

Default Re: Cloita's 42" Pompeii in Plainfield, IL

Got most of the cement board up as well as the final layers of insulating blanket. Trying to get info on a metal roof from a friend, really like the idea MAD1 gave!

aaaaaaand we had a slight oversight in the framing, hopefully i can fix it with roofing/sofit:

"If you don't know where you're going, you might not get there." --Yogi Berra
Old 09-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Laborer

Also, Did my first attempt at grlling steak (prime bone-in rib eye) Saturday, along with acorn squash, asparagus, and sweet potatoes (inside cooling). This oven is so much fun!

Old 10-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Laborer

Got materials for a metal roof and should have it done next Saturday. Getting close now!

Old 10-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Master Builder

Glad to see your enjoying your oven. I've been enjoying mine also.

Did you finish your stucco yet? Hope to start my stucco process soon. I been doing some research on the process. Attached is article on best practices if you are interested it was quite a eye opener for me glad I read it before I attempted anything. I hope your still in the planning process.

Too big to post the pdf file here's a link http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.nibs.or..._011_WB4-2.pdf

KB
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Apprentice

Very nice...can't wait to finish mine now!

Link to my pictures

Old 10-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbartman View Post
Glad to see your enjoying your oven. I've been enjoying mine also.

Did you finish your stucco yet? Hope to start my stucco process soon. I been doing some research on the process. Attached is article on best practices if you are interested it was quite a eye opener for me glad I read it before I attempted anything. I hope your still in the planning process.

Too big to post the pdf file here's a link http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.nibs.or..._011_WB4-2.pdf
Great info, thanks

Old 12-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Laborer

I got the metal roofing started last month with the help from a friend who is a roofer by trade. Still need to get the coil and break to bend a custom fascia, but i no longer need to tarp this thing (minus the drop cloth i use to weatherproof where the fascia should be)! MAJOR milestone in my book.

I've added the storm collar and caulking since these pictures were taken. Got the temporary concrete board door built as well.

To do list:
fascia
decorative brick arch
stucco
a real door

Sooooo close now!

Last edited by cloita; 12-09-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

What was your decision on the stucco? I hemmed and hawed about doing it myself but finally went ahead - and I was surprised at how easy it was. I definitely would say you have the skills. Just use a tar paper + lath over your cement board. Goes on really easily and you probably have all the tools you need except maybe a rubber float. I did mine in 3 days - just to give dry time for each coat. I probably only spent 60-90 minutes for each coat.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Laborer

Extremely temporary door:

Old 12-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Laborer

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
What was your decision on the stucco? I hemmed and hawed about doing it myself but finally went ahead - and I was surprised at how easy it was. I definitely would say you have the skills. Just use a tar paper + lath over your cement board. Goes on really easily and you probably have all the tools you need except maybe a rubber float. I did mine in 3 days - just to give dry time for each coat. I probably only spent 60-90 minutes for each coat.
i did some reading along with the info from this thread and just decided to give it a shot in the spring when we're out of the midwest freeze. Good to know it is only 60-90 minutes per coat.