Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Christo's Cucina

Happy Birthday C - that's from the sunny South Lakes in the UK. For a change (and surprisingly) sunny indeed.

I was briefly puzzled by the note on irrigation lines too, my first thought was bread and steam.

We did pizza for anything from 4 to 16 - the latter requires either some careful planning and preparation, some cunning delegating (as in Tom Sawyer's fence painting), or both.

Talking about roofs - my single slope slate roof is probably slightly too flat, but there are no damp problems, even after serious near-horizontal downpours. And it is too windy here for leaves accumulating.

All the best once again,
W.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Happy Birthday Christo!
You are quite lucky to have your birthday in the mid of summer so you can use your beautiful patio and pizza oven. Sounds like you're having a great birthday. I hope others helped with all those pizzas or is making them part of the birthday fun ?

take care, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Oven Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Master Builder

Happy belated birthday Christo!

dusty
Old 04-30-2012, 06:26 AM
Master Builder

Hi All!!!

It's been a while - I've been working on other projects and just enjoying the oven and patio.

The oven has seen a lot of use and we are having zero issues with it. The cracks that formed during the first firings have not gotten worse and I'm happy with that.

I burned some pine and other wood in my oven and the front got a good coating of soot on it. I've gone back to hickory and oak only and that seems to keep the soot at bay.

Had a small pizza party on Saturday about 12 neighbors came over and we had a great time - it's funny how when we have a party or get together at the house - they all expect the oven to be running!

Still making dough the forno way - everyone loves it. I have taken some short cuts to forming the dough and use a rolling pin - I like the texture of hand forming the crust - but the production aspect of rolling makes me enjoy more time with my guests.

Off topic but here's a pic of my car- 1954 Triumph TR2 - two days after waking it up from a 30 year sleep - I spent 4 months and had disassembled most of it - painted, reassembled(most of it) by 11:30pm the night before the car show. The next morning we drove it for the first time out of the neighborhood on a 4 and a half hours to a car show in Dobson, NC the next morning. Since I had run out of time, the car had no working electrics other than a brake light. I hot-wired it every time we ran it somewhere and charged the battery at the hotel parking lot. Oh and somehow got a second place finish at the show - musta been the sympathy vote!

All the best - I'm going to try to spend more time here again - I love the build pics. You folks are really bringing the game up to a new level.
Attached Thumbnails
Christo's Cucina-tr2.jpg  

Old 05-01-2012, 04:34 AM
Laborer

That car looks like a lot of fun!
Old 05-01-2012, 04:56 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

[ I hot-wired it every time we ran it somewhere and charged the battery at the hotel parking lot. Oh and somehow got a second place finish at the show - musta been the sympathy vote!
Gudday
Early English Electrics.....My Mate has a 1954 english Ford Zepher ...He talks about Lucas....Prince of darkness!!!!!

Regards Dave
Yes its a real classic great restore...good you kept the original paint colours
Old 07-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Master Builder

Hey! Another Birthday - and another year of use of the oven.

Not any improvements - but we use it often and it's holding up very well.

I'm going to have to recoat the stucco or paint it as it's starting to look a bit shabby....

Old 07-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Christo: happy birthday! and congratulations on another year of wfo cooking. Your thread is always fun to re-read.
-Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 08:27 AM
Apprentice

Happy Birthday Christo! Fantastic work.

Oven Build:

Progress pictures:

Cooking pictures:

Old 07-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Master Builder

Happy belated birthday my friend. Always a pleasure hearing from you. Hope all is well with you and yours.
dusty