Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Christo's Cucina

more pics. All down hill from here - just a bit of thinset and some grout separates us from finished countertops!

Christo
Attached Thumbnails
Christo's Cucina-dry-fit-sink-complete.jpg   Christo's Cucina-dryfit-complete.jpg   Christo's Cucina-whole-thing.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Christo,
Quote:
so I took two layers of 1/2 hardibacker and one layer of 1/4 inch hardibacker and laminated them together using modified thinset between them. They are also screwed together.
I havent heard of that either, But it sound pretty solid to me... we can call that "The Christo Counter Method" Your build is looking great, looking forward to seeing the final pics, Im sure you are as well..... Though, I was almost sad when I finished my oven, Building was so much fun..

Cheers
Mark
Old 12-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Apprentice

Hi Christo,
Your outdoor kitchen looks great! Do you have pictures of it finished?

Tom
Old 12-04-2009, 01:26 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thumbs up Re: Christo's Cucina

Lookin' good Christo,
just in time for the Christmas celebrations eh?????

Neill

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neillís Pompeiii #1

Neillís kitchen underway

Old 12-04-2009, 07:49 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looks really nice Christo,
I say Mark is right-on: Call it "The Christo Counter Methode". You've done so many things on your build that I've copied and now I just may use your double-thick durock lamination for my short wfo front ledge.

We've been having disagreements (serious arguments ) over our wfo counter so that no progress is being made. We're each hoping the other caves in by year-end. With your nice counter pics, I may prevail .

Thanks again, Dino

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet

My Oven Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Master Builder

More work on the outdoor kitchen - I think I'm finally finished with major constuction - all of the deck skirting is finished.

More to follow!

Cheers

Christo

Old 04-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Apprentice

Hey Christo!

This looks fantastic! You've done a great job on everything.

Your counter top should be there forever. The reason you probably haven't seen that application (sandwiching boards) is cost. In my years as a tile mechanic I would have probably used a layer of durock/hardi board, or a layer of PT ply on the bottom followed by galv mesh, and lastly 1.5"-2" of a portland cement/sand mud bed. That's the old school method; a little time consuming but inexpensive and strong as heck.

Congratulations on a superb outdoor creation.

Check out my build
Old 04-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Apprentice

Christo,

Your build is looking great! Almost done!! Or is there such a thing as "done" when it comes to WFO builds? Keep up the awesome work!

Cheers!

aceves
Old 04-27-2010, 04:31 AM
Master Builder

Haven't posted in a while.

Still making finishing touches and planting. Things are looking better this year, still not quite getting the Charleston, SC vibe but working on it.

So what's up?

My wife gave me a bottle opener for christmas the year before we started the oven (during the extended planning stage = or maybe I was getting my courage up.... but I digress). That was 3 years ago.....

Last year I put the opener up but was tired of having to catch the caps. I had no idea what to call the little bucket underneath but knew I needed one - happened on some semi-circular galvinized planter things at a garden shop.

It works well and gets a lot of use!!!!

David private messaged me and told me it was a cap catcher. And sure enough, Google provides plenty of on line options for purchase. I hope I'm not the only one who did not know what they were called.

As an aside, I have a cap catcher for the little convertible - its a clip and cord gizmo that ties my hat to my shirt in case it's blown off. It does not work at all for bottle caps.

All the best! Christo
Attached Thumbnails
Christo's Cucina-bottle-opener-cap-catcher.jpg  

Old 04-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Master Builder

I went out and took a few more pics.

My tool holder is a bird bath stand and will likely get stolen back when my wife wonders where it went..... It works well - I'm going to be looking for another or cast one from laForge Fondu and carve it before it cures fully.

The other views are from the oven and a a view back in the other direction. Things are growing like crazy. When my palm trees come back, I'll post some more.

Christo
Attached Thumbnails
Christo's Cucina-tool-holder.jpg   Christo's Cucina-view-gate.jpg   Christo's Cucina-view-oven.jpg