Old 04-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Serf

Default Re: Chimney not drawing smoke

A chimney do not have maximum draw for the smoke, you need it to be round inside and perhaps a foot higher..may help. My chimneys are 15 feet up to 45 feet long and they are round. Refer to forno bravo materials, they spec round chimney. And perhaps you star tyr fire in the centre of the oven. It helps.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Journeyman

Make sure the wood is dry. Mine smokes a lot worse with wet wood than dry wood.

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:20 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiapizza View Post
A chimney do not have maximum draw for the smoke, you need it to be round inside and perhaps a foot higher..may help. My chimneys are 15 feet up to 45 feet long and they are round. Refer to forno bravo materials, they spec round chimney. And perhaps you star tyr fire in the centre of the oven. It helps.
My chimney is rectangle and draws fine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Serf

Just to update, we added another few courses on the chimney and widened the base of the chimney but i generally think it was just the curing process causing the smoke, obviously when starting with small fires the chimney doesnt heat up and therefore the smoke doesnt draw out the top. Since the curing process has been completed there is only a very small amount of smoke out the front but once it gets going theres no problem, thanks for all the help.

Tags
chimney, door, smoke problem