Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: Cheesesteak's WFO build - Take Two.

With the never ending need for counter space - and storage space - I decided to build more.

I wanted some flexibility to be able to move the work area around - so I built this big (heavy) wooden cart and put it on some industrial (500lb ea) casters. I picked up some butcher block for the counter (I love working with dough on wood) and treated it with oil/beeswax. Made doors on both sides so I've got easy access. I now store all my pans / tools, etc in here. When not needed - I just roll it out of the way. I stained it to match the patio cover.

On to the next project . . .
Attached Thumbnails
Cheesesteak's WFO build - Take Two.-cart.jpg  
Old 10-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Apprentice

Everything looks fantastic! Your patio is like paradise for my eyes.

Tu Dat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel lost with building your WFO, just pray to St. Stephen who is the patron saint of bricklayers.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Apprentice

Well - one more addition to the oven - I finally had a door made. I've got someone building a spiral staircase for my home and asked him if he could build me a door. I was going to build one myself - but sold my MIG welder a couple of years ago and just never got around to getting this built.

I gave him the freedom to build whatever he wanted - I had no input into it. I think he did a great job. It's substantial. Not insulated - but it's really heavy and fits great.

mrchipster, MSoucy and Gulf like this.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

That door is a thing of beauty

Chip
Old 12-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Yes it is.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak View Post

I gave him the freedom to build whatever he wanted - I had no input into it. I think he did a great job. It's substantial. Not insulated - but it's really heavy and fits great.

Did he get a look at your oven and pargola? Either way the guy is an artist . The heavy timbers + the door: A perfect addition which makes for a great midieval theme.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:42 PM
Apprentice

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Master Builder

Hi Cheesesteak,
It looks as if you can still make an insulated door or your present door, by adding a front panel with sandwiched Ceramic board in the middle. You might want to change to two handles, your's looks heavy already.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:20 AM
Journeyman

Great Looking Door! Goes perfect with that perfect oven!

Photos:

Oven Blog: