Old 09-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Arch Design Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by GianniFocaccia View Post
Hey Gulf,
I'm really curious: does your damper affect the draw of your flue sufficiently to control the rate/intensity of an active fire?
I can't answer that since I haven't fired her up yet. It is just a gut feeling that I have from years of working with fireplaces, smokers, grills, BBQ pitts and venting housefires . I do think that it will add another control point other than the amount of air that is added at the base of the door. I don't know if it will be useful to control temps, but Brickie has a great video on his ( I can't locate it now, maybe he will chime in) insulated damper.

I am sure that it will be benificial in controling low and slow smokes.however. My oven, entry, and flue/chimney are all insulated to varying degrees. I plan to use the oven for various types of cooks . Some will require the insulated door at the dome and some will require require an insulated door at the fireplace reveal. Another door at the fireplace reveal will be able to adjust the amount of air allowed into the oven for the "low and slows".

I will definately report back on what worked for me and what did not .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.