Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 02:34 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Alex’s Pizza Kitchen (APK) build, Central Coast, NSW Australia

Gudday Bert
Good to here you still out there with pizza ovens on your mind....mind you you have had a busy time....

Regards Dave

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Laborer

Hi Folks

Well after 2 + years and getting side tracked by building a pool and undertaking some rather intense hard landscaping I will soon be in a position to commence the WFO block work. The pool has taken the position of the existing WFO and the wife got her way with the pool…so now it’s my turn.

I will be utilising a solid existing iron rock as a foundation and like the other walls I have built with my wife they will have 12mm starter bars drilled down 400mm with 200mm center’s.

We have had some good practice with the block work (we’ve laid about 230 bricks so far) and my wife has laid a good portion of them. Im lucky to have her support with this monster.

The side walls will also double as a retaining wall. The wall will be waterproofed with 300mm of blue metal 10mm and 100mm ag pipe, geotech etc. we have had a lot of rain and it’s given us the ability to see where the water comes from and where it goes to. Although wicking is a concern I believe if I can spend the time waterproofing it will be ok!

All materials so far have been carried up a steep driveway with buckets…so needless to say we are quite fatigued but with the cooler weather upon us I should be able to gain some momentum. We have been doing 12 hours days with the walls and pool and the weather has been against us since the beginning 2 years ago.

Once started I hope to have the foundations and wall done fairly quickly…the WFO on the other hand may be another story. This project has sucked up all of our money so we need to complete projects as we can afford them.

Here are some pictures showing the cabana and WFO area.
Attached Thumbnails
Alex’s Pizza Kitchen (APK) build, Central Coast, NSW Australia-imag0548.jpg   Alex’s Pizza Kitchen (APK) build, Central Coast, NSW Australia-imag0547.jpg   Alex’s Pizza Kitchen (APK) build, Central Coast, NSW Australia-imag0544.jpg   Alex’s Pizza Kitchen (APK) build, Central Coast, NSW Australia-imag0546.jpg  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:28 PM
Laborer

Any body know how to place the pictures in your post instead of thumbnails?

Don't know about the rest but I prefer to see the pictures in the content of the post.

Cheers Bert
Old 03-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert View Post

Don't know about the rest but I prefer to see the pictures in the content of the post.

Cheers Bert
After you attach the pictures, click the paperclip icon again. You'll see each of the files you uploaded there. If you click the file name, it will insert the picture into the text of the post wherever your cursor is.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Laborer

Cheers Deejayoh! Will give it a go next time!
Old 03-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:

Cheers Bert
I use photobucket. As long as you size your pics, when you snap them or before you post them to photobucket, you can use their direct link.
Enter that link to the FB's Insert image icon. Note: If the pics are to large, they will run off of the page.
Hope this helps .

Old 03-17-2013, 05:52 PM
Laborer

Thankd Gulf!

Would it work with a link from picasa?
Old 03-17-2013, 06:03 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Thankd Gulf!

Would it work with a link from picasa?
I am sure that it would. You just need to size them before hand. Or use Picassa's eiting software. Picassa uses flickr (I think) for photo editing. I was just too slow in learning this step .

Last edited by Gulf; 03-17-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Hi Bert,

I used Picassa for my photo album. Looking forward to seeing you build.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 03-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Laborer

Thankyou Doug and Russell. I just hope the body holds up...moved many tonnes of stuff so far. The finished result should be worth it though! had a quite weekend watching the F1 in Melbourne. With Daylight saving on the way out there goes the evenings!! Ive taken lots of photos so will update my picasa album for those interested in the greater project.