Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 06:10 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build

nice lookin door(s)

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Picassa Picture Log
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Apprentice

Well, it is finally done... finished... as in no more construction, only cooking and baking and enjoying with family and friends!!

I have to clean it up a little bit, and take some additional photos, but I wanted to post a night shot of the final arch of the WFO as it stands now.

More pics to follow this weekend.

Aceves
Attached Thumbnails
Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-photo1.jpg  
Old 06-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Apprentice

Just added these pics on the "Tools" thread. Also wanted to post them here. This is one of my favorite WFO tools/toys. It has its own spark starter, so no more need for matches. I can get the fire going in just minutes!

Aceves
Attached Thumbnails
Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-tool1.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-tool2.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-tool3.jpg  
Old 06-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Looks just like mine.. I added a longer fuel hose and use the standard propane tank.. Love mine..

Chris
Old 07-03-2013, 03:52 PM
Apprentice

I did a huge sourdough bake this weekend. Awesome results! I had been feeding my SF sourdough started for 6 days. I'll be doing another bake in a couple of weeks.

Prior to the bake, though, I did "dirty steak!" Two steaks directly on the coals. The pic with the steaks on the plate are DIRECTLY out of the oven and off the coals. VERY little ash on the steaks themsleves. I dug right in.
They came out juicy and delicious. Gone in 60 seconds!

Enjoy the pics.

Aceves
Attached Thumbnails
Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-1.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-2.jpg  
Bacterium likes this.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Apprentice

Here are the pics of my SF sourdough bake. I did 8 boules and 2 loaves. Temp was around 475, 18-20 mins per bake. It all went very smoothly. This was my second time doing sourdough. The first time was OK, but I did much better this time.

I got a good rise and crumb, and excellent flavor throughout. I love my WFO!!

Aceves
Attached Thumbnails
Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-3.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-4.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-5.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-6.jpg  

Last edited by aceves; 07-03-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:48 PM
Master Builder

Wow, a 20 minute bake, mine are alway twice that time. Even my dinner rolls take 12 to 15 minutes. Whats your secret? Please show a crumb shot.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Apprentice

DONE!!! Here is my oven: Chichen Itza Pizza!! I have a fully finished, fully functioning oven!!

I have been enjoying baking since the dome and chimney were completed, but now, having it fully done, is the best part. I no longer have to build or paint, etc.

I've been baking sourdoughs, cooking beer can chicken, grilling dirty steaks and making awesome pizzas. Now I want to try my luck at a turkey (I'll start small at first!).

Thank you all WFO Forum members for all your knowledge, expertise, and great advice. I will continue to pass it forward, imparting the knowledge that I learned from building mine and helping the next round of WFO builders.

To all the new Forum members: have fun building, cooking and baking. And remember to post pics! We love pics!

Here's my labor of love. I hope you guys like it!

Aceves
Attached Thumbnails
Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-1.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-2.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-3.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-4.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-5.jpg  

thickstrings likes this.

Last edited by aceves; 08-19-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:51 PM
Apprentice

And more pics. You'll notice that I lined my firepit with firebrick. And I also took a shot of the stained concrete countertops and the sink & faucet I installed. The key you see on top of the storage area is a skeleton key I embedded into concrete, my own "keystone." The key handle comes off and it becomes a corkscrew for wine and a bottle opener for brews.

This completes my outdoor kitchen. Down the road, perhaps a shade structure, but for now, it's all good!

Aceves
Attached Thumbnails
Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-6.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-7.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-8.jpg   Aceves's Corner 42" Pompeii Build-9.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Very nice! One of the most unique and original designs I have seen