Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/)
-   Pompeii Oven Construction (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   About to pull the trigger...am I nuts? (http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/about-pull-trigger-am-i-nuts-17242.html)

flyfisherx 01-16-2012 04:46 AM

About to pull the trigger...am I nuts?

Well, after doing research and sourcing most materials, I am going to place my entire order today to be delivered.

The only thing running through my mind is fear and the question...am I nuts?
What drives a person to want to build a wood fired oven in their backyard? I can save all this work and just buy a brick oven pizza. Is it hobby:confused:? Midlife crisis:confused:? I am still trying to figure it out but am kicking all the doubt and negative thoughts to the curb and I am just going to do it!

I will start a build thread once I get all my materials. I live in Connecticut so it will be a few months before I can break ground. In the meantime, I will be laying out the design for my oven and floor.

David

Aegis 01-16-2012 06:02 AM

Re: About to pull the trigger...am I nuts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyfisherx (Post 125780)
The only thing running through my mind is fear and the question...am I nuts?
What drives a person to want to build a wood fired oven in their backyard? I can save all this work and just buy a brick oven pizza. Is it hobby:confused:? Midlife crisis? I am still trying to figure it out but am kicking all the doubt and negative thoughts to the curb and I am just going to do it!
I will start a build thread once I get all my materials. I live in Connecticut so it will be a few months before I can break ground. In the meantime, I will be laying out the design for my oven and floor.
David

Welcome to 500.00 dollar per slice club! :D I think that is where I am at the moment with cost per slice. (I have made a lot of Pizza!) :p I don't believe there is any one justification except the self satisfaction of doing it. Kinda of like climbing Mt. Everest, only some what safer!:D
Good Luck and welcome to the club!
John

flyfisherx 01-16-2012 06:22 AM

Thanks John. I think the self satisfaction and challenge of doing it is what is driving me most. Also thanks for your help in sourcing my materials.

texassourdough 01-16-2012 06:49 AM

Hi David!

Of course you are nuts! But welcome to the club!

Bake On!
Jay

flyfisherx 01-16-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texassourdough (Post 125783)

Of course you are nuts!

:D I knew it!

barhen 01-16-2012 08:07 PM

Thought being "nuts" was an entry requirement !!!! :d

brickie in oz 01-16-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyfisherx (Post 125780)
...am I nuts?

:D of course, and welcome to the club please check your straight jacket for comfort as you enter. :rolleyes:

PizzaIdiot 01-16-2012 08:45 PM

Welcome to the nut house. You'll the members are peaceful, infected with the same WFO virus. There is no cure but the treatment/therapy requires cutting and assembling odd shaped bricks into circles and arches. Once completed you will have achieved a much higher state of self-being and life will be even better!
Enjoy it!

Jeff

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/jeffs-42-pompeii-easley-sc-near-16011.html

Gulf 01-16-2012 09:18 PM

If your married, have the missus check out wfowidows.org or something like that. I think that is the support groups name that my wife was trying to set up:D

Mike Brez 01-19-2012 04:24 AM

We're in Ct. Are you? I'm in Milford. I have been thinking about building a oven for a couple of years now and just can't pull the trigger.