Old 01-19-2012, 06:20 AM
Laborer

Default Re: About to pull the trigger...am I nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Brez View Post
We're in Ct. Are you? I'm in Milford. I have been thinking about building a oven for a couple of years now and just can't pull the trigger.
I am in New Britain. I am receiving delivery for all my materials for my slab, hearth and dome tomorrow. This will allow me to start laying out my dome and templates while I wait for this cold to go away. I may even begin cutting the brick for my first few (2) courses of my dome and dry fit everything in my garage including the oven floor.

I hope to pour the slab by March earliest or April the latest. Since I have all this time for planning, I hope the build process will move along so I can be using my oven by August.

I am very apprehensive yet excited. Ultimately I just said you only live once and accepted the challenge and put all fear aside. I am taking the plunge!!! Just do it!

Last edited by flyfisherx; 01-19-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Journeyman

Default Re: About to pull the trigger...am I nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Brez View Post
We're in Ct. Are you? I'm in Milford. I have been thinking about building a oven for a couple of years now and just can't pull the trigger.
Hi Mike,
I also live in Ct. and I was also slow to decide on this project. Well, after many enjoyable building months, my oven is functioning and I loved every second of the build and now, I enjoy great food with great friends!
Good Luck
John

Photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oven Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.