Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: 42" Pompeii in S. Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtloup View Post
I was able to get more work done today and yesterday. The base is mostly finished minus adding rebar and filling the blocks with concrete. The bricks will help support the blocks below the landing. I'll add steel angle also. That was my first effort brick laying. I think it came out ok. The variations in the salvaged bricks made it interesting keeping the heights consistent.

I am a little confused by you not utilizing then space under the oven, I am watching with great intersest, though. I do wish that I had used the round base for my Pompeii . Keep us posted !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"There is a snake in the garden."
Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I am just confused, but I am sure it is clear in your mind, so I will just say, "Looking Good!".

Gulf, you know how the bugs and beasties are down here, I made my wood storage area small and isolated just to avoid a scorpion bite or a wasp nest.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Apprentice

Thought about using the interior below the dome for storage, but decided I'd just use the area under the landing to store wood.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Origional qute by Kurtloup: Thought about using the interior below the dome for storage, but decided I'd just use the area under the landing to store wood.
You are right about that, it is too far to retrieve wood. I hope to use a large drawer under mine for peel, tools, doors etc.

TScar,
I was on a rig near Goliad many years ago. They had warned us about scorpions. One morning, before work, I shook a 2 to 3" scorpion out of my boot . I'm glad that I listened . I hate critters

"There is a snake in the garden."
Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

My daughter caught a 3" scorpion in her room this morning. I asked her why she was taking it outside let it go, and after I listened to her liberalism-of-youth reasons why it had a right to live, I told her to let it sting her first then let it go. She squashed it.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:30 AM
Master Builder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tscarborough View Post
My daughter caught a 3" scorpion in her room this morning. I asked her why she was taking it outside let it go, and after I listened to her liberalism-of-youth reasons why it had a right to live, I told her to let it sting her first then let it go. She squashed it.
T.

Thats sick! They don't sting you because they're evil.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:35 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Angry Re: 42" Pompeii in S. Louisiana

Gudday
They don't sting because there evil ... They sting because they can.
And if you have to kill one its because you can......

Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 03-18-2013, 03:59 AM
Master Builder

The key words is (Have to kill one)! She was bullied into killing them!
Old 03-18-2013, 04:52 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Gudday
No the key word is "Can " if its Main defense is attack and if its in your domain you can make the decision to stop it from being a threat . I don't know how poisonous they in the US but if it was in ozz I would kill them ..it's common dog thinking...:.

Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Apprentice

I'm a block short.