Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree101Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2013, 07:37 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: 42" build in Central Texas

Apple Pie perfectly cooked through at 400 degrees

42" build in Central Texas-20131222_172222.jpg
Gulf likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
Old 12-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

That is awesome, and something I plan on baking as well.

I love fruit pies, apple is the favorite by a small margin...followed by cherry or Maine blueberry!
Gulf and GarnerAC like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 12-23-2013, 01:08 PM
Apprentice

Nobody told me about THIS aspect of WFO cooking!

42" build in Central Texas-1385667667380_r.jpg

Avoid at all costs that vile spew you see rotting in oil in screwtop jars. Too lazy to peel fresh? You don't deserve to eat garlic." Bourdain
Old 12-23-2013, 01:50 PM
Master Builder

If you look at it as a STOVE, you don`t have to be TOLD! Just saying, there is nothing that your indoor oven can do that your WFO can`t, and its more fun!
GarnerAC likes this.
Old 12-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
That is awesome, and something I plan on baking as well.

I love fruit pies, apple is the favorite by a small margin...followed by cherry or Maine blueberry!
I have to add to this list: Dewberries and Blackberries from the wild "briar patches" that grow down here

Old 12-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnerAC View Post
Nobody told me about THIS aspect of WFO cooking!

Attachment 40870
Come 'ere I'm gonna eat ya....get in my belly!!
GarnerAC likes this.

Current WFO build -

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
John Ruskin
Old 12-24-2013, 05:00 AM
Apprentice

Realization: My Pizza crust needs work.
I had it down pat on the green egg but with the WFO I think Im either putting too many toppings (3-4) or Im going to thin with it. I like a crispy crust that will stand out when you fold it. No one said anything of course but it had to be eaten with a fork. The 24 hour All Trumps was harder to work with but the outer edges were nice and airy. I also had 4 Caputo balls (at 4 hours) were easier to work, but too thin and limp.
My DB's were 300 g and stretched to 12"-13"
gonna have to practice and test

Last edited by GarnerAC; 01-04-2014 at 05:33 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Apprentice

Got the roof done today. Pretty happy with it. We laid down 2 layers of rubberized peel and stick underlayment. I didnt like the lead flashing but understand thats normal for a tile roof. Usually its not seen because its 30 feet away from you. Mine is 5 feet from you, so it's more visible.
Chimney and electrical tie-in is all thats left, oh and an insulated door.

42" build in Central Texas-20140102_154128.jpg

42" build in Central Texas-20140102_152150.jpg

42" build in Central Texas-20140102_152124.jpg

42" build in Central Texas-20140102_121103.jpg

42" build in Central Texas-arch5.jpg

Old 01-07-2014, 07:47 AM
Apprentice

This kid handed me this drawing Sunday after church, thought yall might enjoy it.

42" build in Central Texas-kasey-drawing.jpg

42" build in Central Texas-kasey.jpg
Gulf likes this.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:41 PM
Apprentice

Maybe I should re-introduce myself here, its been a while. Finally had a chance to do some finish-up work today. I stuck my brick veneer on the chimney today and will work with mortar tomorrow. I have ordered a copper chimney flashing and SS door and also a lid for one of my very large Crawfish Boiling Pots but the guy is taking his sweet time.
The GARNER brick has been in my parents home as long as I can remember. It had a piece of felt on the bottom and lived on a bookshelf. I must have said something about it one day I was over there (in Dripping Springs, Tx) because one day after my wife had gone over there it appeared on my kitchen table! It was in poor condition and I was dreading cutting it down to the thickness it needed to be with my angle grinder, Sure enough it cracked right thru the "G" but was able to stick it together and hide the crack for the most part. I'll post a completed frame once I get the copper flashing and SS door on board.
42" build in Central Texas-20140318_162349.jpg

42" build in Central Texas-chimney.jpg

Last edited by GarnerAC; 03-18-2014 at 02:31 PM.