Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Pompeii Oven Construction

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 08:28 AM
Apprentice

Default Re: 40" WFO in the New Orleans

Nice Progress!.......I wish mine was moving along that fast......
Old 05-26-2012, 08:43 AM
Apprentice

Finally, I am done with framing....I think.
Attached Thumbnails
40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0910.jpg   40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0911.jpg   40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0912.jpg   40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0913.jpg  

Tu Dat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If you feel lost with building your WFO, just pray to St. Stephen who is the patron saint of bricklayers.
Old 05-26-2012, 08:46 AM
Apprentice

Framing for the chimney.
Attached Thumbnails
40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0909.jpg   40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0914.jpg   40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0915.jpg   40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0934.jpg   40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0935.jpg  

Tu Dat

If you feel lost with building your WFO, just pray to St. Stephen who is the patron saint of bricklayers.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Wow. That looks like it will hold up to a Hurricane!

Old 05-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Apprentice

Gable roof framing and continuous soffit vent for intake air flow to help keep the WFO dry just in case moisture get inside of the enclosure..
Attached Thumbnails
40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0929.jpg   40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0933.jpg   40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0930.jpg   40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0937.jpg   40" WFO in the New Orleans-img_0938.jpg  

Tu Dat

Last edited by banhxeo76; 05-26-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:18 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
Wow. That looks like it will hold up to a Hurricane!
Well, that is the plan and hopefully it could withstand a cat 5 hurricane wind force.

Tu Dat

Old 05-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Tu,
If that enclosure doesn't make it, that will be the least of your worries .
Definitely looking great!.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Peasant

Nice , where did you get the soffit & metal studs at ? I havent got to that stage yet but am looking for where to get the correct gauge studs . I convinced my wife the WFO was a good investment if we ever get another KATRINA . 3 weeks without electricity here from that one
Old 05-27-2012, 06:11 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTHERR View Post
Nice , where did you get the soffit & metal studs at ? I havent got to that stage yet but am looking for where to get the correct gauge studs . I convinced my wife the WFO was a good investment if we ever get another KATRINA . 3 weeks without electricity here from that one

I brought my metal track and stud from supplier that just so happen to have locations in New Orleans, LA and Gulfport, MS,. Here is a link for Interior Exterior Building Supply (InEx). Interior Exterior Building Supply

They stocked stud/track between 16 gauge to 24 gauge. I ended up using 20 gauge for my enclosure. In addition, they also sell g90 stud/track for exterior purpose because g90 has additional layers of galvanized coat for extra protection which is what I have as well. You have to special order the g90.

Lowes has 24 gauge stud but I thought it would be too weak for my enclosure because I am planning to put s-clay mission tile roof on it. However, if you are using asphalt shingle, I think 24 gauge should be do the job. Come to think about it, I think I could of use 24 gauge if I place the studs closer together.

I brought Union jack design aluminum sheet from Lowes Shop M-D Building Products Union Jack Aluminum Sheet at Lowes.com and I use a cut it with a snips to size to make the vent for soffit.

Tu Dat

Last edited by banhxeo76; 06-18-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I hope we both dodge this bullet . Tropical storm Debby.