Old 05-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Serf

Default Re: 32" Pompeii in Sketchup

Quote:
I am finding that about the last four chains below the plug are best served with compound cuts... How anal does one really have to get, or is it just about offsetting the cost of the mortar? A few of you guys have set the bar awfully high lately...
I used compound cuts for every chain to keep mortar gap at a minimum - helps reduce shrinkage & cracking - I hope

Cutting took quite sometime

Mike

Check out my progress to date

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:17 AM

Default Re: 32" Pompeii in Sketchup

Quote:
why have a chimney and that extra depth in front of the opening at all if one doesn't care about the smoke stain?
You have to cook with this thing: having all those raging hot gases coming out in your face is one thing you shouldn't have to worry about while you're cooking. You get up close and personal with your oven. Save your eyelashes.

If you don't want an entry and chimney, and the depth they entail, you can build a metal hood over your oven entry to do the same thing.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.