Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Modular Refractory Oven Installation

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 10:01 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: new build in Brisbane - Vibrok Caminetti

Here's how it looked this morning after removing the front form piece.
Unfortunately just like the sides it didn't come out well and there was a big hole right at the front too:/

You can't see from this photo but the other side of the dome has not yet been rendered.
Attached Thumbnails
new build in Brisbane - Vibrok Caminetti-dscn1898.jpg  
Old 03-30-2014, 10:04 PM
Apprentice

And now after some 6+ hours of working - All done!

I am happy enough with the finish. I think once I give it the textured paint finish it will be pretty good. Few gouges here and there.

Unfortunately I tried wrapping it with cling wrap as suggested but the stuff doesn't stick to anything. Even after I get some laid over the dome, the tiniest breeze and it would just blow away and tangle up.

Any suggestions on alternatives - guessing just a light watering daily?
Attached Thumbnails
new build in Brisbane - Vibrok Caminetti-dscn1899.jpg   new build in Brisbane - Vibrok Caminetti-dscn1900.jpg   new build in Brisbane - Vibrok Caminetti-dscn1901.jpg   new build in Brisbane - Vibrok Caminetti-dscn1902.jpg  
Old 03-31-2014, 02:36 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Start the cling wrapping right down on the stand and just go around an d around. The stuff will stick to itself, but needs good purchase at the bottom so it doesn't ride up.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:28 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

G'day
I like that, I like that very much. I'm particularly taken with the way you have tucked the entrance back into the dome. All in all a tidy job on the finish of the render too
Regards Dave.

My Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Door

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:39 AM
Master Builder

Looking good! If you are looking for the ultimate finish you can add a skim coat to the render where you think it is needed and a coat of acrylic texture and it will look amazing.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 03-31-2014, 03:44 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

G'day
An example

new build in Brisbane - Vibrok Caminetti-image.jpg

Always seems a bit in undignified thing to do ...., but it works

Regards dave

My Build

My Door

Old 03-31-2014, 02:10 PM
Apprentice

Hey guys thanks for the positive comments. Glad you like it!

I'm thinking I am happy enough with the finish and that it will look pretty good with the textured acrylic.
So In a weeks time I will start lighting curing fires, ramping it up over a week.

I should wait like a month before I paint it though yeah?

Also, how long should I wait before I remove the cardboard barrier around the flue?
I am thinking after 24 hours it should be removed or risk it being stuck in there.

Lastly, thanks for the photos with the cling wrap. I am thinking I need to pick up an industrial roll/dispenser like they use on pallets. That would work a treat! Might have one floating around one of our depots at work.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:27 PM
Master Builder

The wait before applying Acratex was 2 weeks if I recall correctly.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics
Old 03-31-2014, 07:04 PM
Apprentice

Just had a look at Dulux Acratex and there is a large range. Which particular products did you go with and how many coats?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:16 PM
Master Builder

It is Dulux Texture - Fine Cover - Exterior

I used 1 coat and there is enough to apply another coat down the track if needed. I thought the render might develop a fine crack or two over time and intended to recoat it if that happened but no cracks and I have used it for about 9 months now. It is a really coarse (yellow synthetic) roller that I applied it with.

Build Thread

Build Pics

Forno Food Pics