Old 12-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: lowering my dome height on my primevera 70

Hey folks,

I can add a little bit to this. The dome of the Primavera70 is 14" high from the cooking floor. With smaller ovens, the size of the oven opening is larger relative to the volume of the oven -- because you need to get food in and out. The slightly higher dome gives the oven an "air cushion" above the door opening, which gives it better heat retention, while still preserving great pizza baking mechanics.

Zaman -- I'm glad you have the oven working the way you like! Keep cooking!

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Apprentice

james, thanks i have had this oven since may. it is a quality built oven . i have ha a great time with it . with all the talk about different dome heights being better for pizza than others i wanted to cook in a lower dome to see the effects. i am over it now . i do like using a small log holder to raise the flame. i use to have a hard time getting my pizza dough set before the front would burn. the log holder gives me extra time to set and rotate the pizza.
i am sold on forno bravo products i have a Tuscana oven shipping in january. it is either going on my restaurant patio or on a trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
lowering my dome height on my primevera 70-img_0603.jpg  
Old 12-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

That's one good looking pizza. Very nice. :-)

The Casa2G dome is 15" for 32" and 36" ovens, and 16" for the 40" and 44" ovens -- the dome height becomes a lower percentage of the oven diameter, and the oven opening is only a little bit larger, and becomes a smaller percentage relative to the oven volume.

It is a "low dome" design that still retains heat and bakes really well.

Wahoo!

James