Old 10-19-2006, 12:00 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Hey Pizza Police,

You gotta love this. I had dinner in great restaurant this evening that has your oven. The pizza was excellent, and I had grilled fish cooked in the oven. All wood burning, and all excellent. I'm going to post more on the restaurant, but thought you would enjoy hearing about "your" oven.
James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by james; 10-19-2006 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Journeyman

Default Wow!

James:

I wish you got a picture of the oven. Where was this place?
The weather is starting to get a little better so more bricks are going up. Here's a picture from today.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Has this been done before??-bfo.jpg  
Old 10-21-2006, 06:03 AM
Brick Oven Merchant

In this case, the picture wouldn't help. It was a free-standing oven in a commercial kitchen setting and the original metal enclosure was left exposed. There are other photos of that oven set behind a partition wall on the Forno Bravo Photos site.

The restauarant is called San Martino. It's in Impruneta, just south of Florence, and right where Drake was staying on vacation. I say this all the time (and I'm sure lots of you are getting tired or hearing it), but brick ovens are so common in Italy that I am always bumping into restaurants that use one of the ovens that Forno Bravo sells, or I see the pizza chef using the pizza peels that we sell. It's a lot of fun.

Keep up the good work.
James

Last edited by james; 10-21-2006 at 06:42 AM.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Journeyman

Default Gettin' there.

Still a crisp 45 degrees over here. It's starting to look like something.
Attached Thumbnails
Has this been done before??-gettin-there.jpg  
Old 10-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Master Builder

Default side counter?

Looks great - are those loose brick ties on the side to allow addition of a counter?
Old 10-23-2006, 08:02 PM
Journeyman

Default Yep...

You got it Maver. Here's an earlier pic showing the foundation blocks. My neighbor, Virgil, who is the volunteer project ramrod, is giving the thumbs up.
It'll be about countertop height. I'm trying to figure out what type of top is durable enough to withstand the cold weather.
Attached Thumbnails
Has this been done before??-thumbs-up.jpg  
Old 10-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Master Builder

Have you seen Janprimus' concrete counter (look at his Bellingham oven thread)? It's a nice DIY material. I need to post pics of mine, there are several ways to do it and you can achieve quite a few different looks.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:48 PM
Journeyman

Default Almost there...

Ok... I got a roof and a pipe. I still need to get the roof caps on ( 15 degrees ) and the counter top and door. One picture shows the first fire burning off the soot.
Attached Thumbnails
Has this been done before??-p1010210a.jpg   Has this been done before??-p1010207a.jpg   Has this been done before??-p1010206a.jpg  
Old 12-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Excellent

That looks great. Are you happy? How does it look to you?

Keep us up to date on how she cooks and what you are making. Great work with the bricks -- I really like it.
James

Old 12-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Journeyman

Today, I'm gonna try to get the fire really going. For some reason, smoke seems to be coming out of the mouth. The chimney is really hot and seems to be doing its job. Going to check on it now. Thanks, James.