Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Brick Oven Merchant

Default Re: Anyone tried Brisbane's woodfired oven kits?

Hey Cook21,

Sorry we missed your post. In a nutshell, having the vent inside the oven is a big mistake. In order to control your fire and retain heat, the oven needs to have the vent outside (and just above) the door. That way it can breath and draw while the fire is going, and you can still close off the oven chamber to cut off the air supply and hold in retained heat for baking.

If you find an oven design that has the vent inside the door (they definitely are out there), it is from someone who does not understand how a wood oven works.

Give us a couple of days, and you will be able to buy the FB Casa2G oven in Melbourne. It has a nice vent and sealing door design.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Serf

Default Re: Anyone tried Brisbane's woodfired oven kits?

Hi James i have been doing some reading and i do agree with there are some that are very bad designs . i have ordered a wfo with the flue out side of the oven internal size is one meter radius i think its big enough i will post some pics when i get it .