Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community

Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community (
-   Getting Started (
-   -   What are these? (

blacknoir 07-11-2009 06:15 PM

What are these?
3 Attachment(s)
I'm referring to the bullnose bricks or tiles in front of the oven openings of each of these.. I can't find them anywhere..


Les 07-11-2009 07:33 PM

Re: What are these?
Any well stocked masonry supply should have something like that. If not, I'm sure they could order it for you.

blacknoir 07-11-2009 08:28 PM

Re: What are these?
so they're bricks?

Rastys 07-12-2009 04:36 AM

Re: What are these?
Out here we call them bull nosed pool capping made in either terracotta or clay.
They are freely available through paving and pool specialists.


sjmeff 07-12-2009 06:40 AM

Re: What are these?
Shay - I've been looking for similar looking tiles. I found the following online, though I'm still looking for something locally:
Classic Terra Cotta Company Architectural Terra Cotta and Paver Tile

Scroll down to "Stair Tread and Stair Tread Corner in Villa Style" -- looks like they're meant for walkways, but I assume they would work fine as a counter surface.


ERASMO 07-12-2009 10:39 AM

Re: What are these?
Marion Ceramics also produces a similiar product and have dealers all over the US.
Coping Features

egalecki 07-12-2009 02:44 PM

Re: What are these?
General Shale has bricks like that too. I live in VA, don't know about other places.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
2006/10 Forno Bravo, LLC