Old 06-16-2011, 06:34 AM
Journeyman

Default Re: think i made a boo boo

You should STOP whatever it is you're doing because it's all new ground. This insulation you're using... foil-face? This sounds more like home-center house insulation board than high-heat. It's only two rows; you should take it apart, clean off the bricks so you can re-use them, then re-do the hearth deck with the proper insulation. It does seem from your comments you are not following the proven, time-tested version from the plans.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Please Tomm, stop building. You have made VERY critical errors on the most important part of your oven. If you continue on, your oven performance will be a huge disappointment (it won't work).

We are here to help. PLEASE download the plans and spend a week studying them; then come back and start picking our brains.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Updated!

Old 06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Master Builder

ditto to all the posts.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:16 PM
Journeyman

Tomm

There are a lot of folks on this board willing to assist you. As mentioned by several - FREEZE. Do not do more work. If you continue down this course, it will be questionable if your oven will ever work properly. You have too many hours invested at this point to waste it.

The good thing is that you recognized it. Feel free to message anyone and we will happily help you work through the error. We all had issues going along, and I can definitely say that several folks messaged me back to questions.

Your Brother in Pizza!

Chris

Follow my build
Old 06-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

One more try, then I give up.

What is the temperature rating? YOU CANNOT use any household insulation, nothing that you purchased at a local big box or hardware store.
We are talking about temps at or above 1000F for an extended period of time. IT WILL MELT AND OR BURN.
You need refractory (extreme high heat materials).

RT