Old 05-12-2011, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Temperature on Outside of Refractory Bricks

Rock wool is a phrase so general that there's no accepted universal meaning. It could be almost anything. Maybe one of our European members could chime in here.

Also, expanded clay is a material unknown in the United States. Let us know how it works out. I can't imagine that it's more insulative than vermiculite, which, again, takes four inches to do it's job.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Peasant

Default Re: Temperature on Outside of Refractory Bricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmun View Post
Rock wool is a phrase so general that there's no accepted universal meaning. It could be almost anything. Maybe one of our European members could chime in here.
The man in the shop said he knew simply of 2 types of insulation blankets - 'lana de vidrio' and 'lana de roca', i.e. fibre glass and rock wool. He insisted also that rock wool would be less likely to burn which made me think it would be appropriate for an wood oven. I haven't bought any yet. I wanted to make sure I wasn't about to buy something that was going to emit a stinky smell out of my wood oven.

I'll be sure to tell you how the arlita works.

Affordable & Imaginative Graphic Design by me & Claire -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
refractory bricks, temperature