Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2014, 09:54 PM
Master Builder

Default Re: Structural Slab for new WFO

Wow! where does the time go?

Most of my roof is in place but the biggest hang up is the roof flashing for the chimney stack. Been trying to save some money in doing the work myself -- again. Fireworks stove shop wanted over $200 for a roof flashing, so did some web surfing how to fabricate a cone from sheet metal with a roof slope; tried the graphic layout first on plain sheet metal, then transferred pattern to .3mm stainless. Then had to try soldering stainless.

My joints came out OK, but having clean metal I guess is the trick. Washed everything with soap, then acetone, then flux and finally soldered. The stainless really heats quickly so you have to be very watchful and do a little at a time. But do able! The seams "are not perfect" but they hold together. Will seal one more time with paintable silicone, then spray the transition black with high temperature stove paint.

The silicone should be far enough from the stack not go be combustible--I hope.
Really slow going! Slower today because of snow!

Structural Slab for new WFO-img_1313a.jpg

Structural Slab for new WFO-img_1319a.jpg

Structural Slab for new WFO-img_1320a.jpg