Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Starting new 36" build

Let there be light!

Not really oven related, but I wanted to share the results of my patio light stringing. It was a bit of a fiddly project but I am really pleased with the results!

Starting new 36" build-2014-06-12-22.12.10-600x800-.jpg

It has come a long way from this, which is the only picture I took of the backyard before this whole project started!

Starting new 36" build-4e.jpg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by deejayoh; 06-13-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:54 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

DJ,

Turned out very nice. I may copy your idea for our pergola. It was a pleasure to meet you and Becky (hope I got the name right) the other night. Nice to share a brew with you folks.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 09-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Here's a shot of our San Marzano bounty from this year. We planted a single plant from a nursery. It was loaded with fruit! Still more on the plant, this was just the first picking
Starting new 36" build-img_20140910_105108-1280x960-.jpg

Old 09-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Serf

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
Nice little details on cedar fence. I see the retro filament lights are the rage right now. I look at one the other day but the light bulb cost gave me sticker price shock.
If you want those string lights, my neighbor has put up the ones from Target under their pergola, they have been using them for over 2 years. They tell me they have worked quite well. They lights aren't industrial, but will do the trick. The only caveat is you can only daisychain 2 strands together or they'll blow.

Room Essentials® Clear Globe Lights (25ct) : Target
Old 09-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondsurf View Post
If you want those string lights, my neighbor has put up the ones from Target under their pergola, they have been using them for over 2 years. They tell me they have worked quite well. They lights aren't industrial, but will do the trick. The only caveat is you can only daisychain 2 strands together or they'll blow.

Room Essentials® Clear Globe Lights (25ct) : Target
Actually, if you look around, you can get a decent commercial quality set for about $80. I got mine from budgetlighting.com. I had the target lights before, they didn't last for me once they went outside.