Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Default Re: Starting new 36" build

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBeehiver View Post
DJ,
Hope you mend up soon. I have to wear orthodics for the same thing you have. Something about getting old.
Personally, I think it's getting old and snowboarding. I am pretty sure it was caused by the pressure from my boot on my front foot. Given how long a path to recovery there is from the surgery, I am worried I may need to either give it up or learn to right goofy. I'm turning the big five-oh this year, and wanted to mark occasion with a big heli trip. We'll see if that happens.

I'll post some hi-res pics of the mosaic when it's done. Now it looks like it will be after the super bowl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:17 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

You are just a spring chicken. If you are on the mend during our season, you can always go to So. America this summer . Did a heli trip at Las Lenas a couple years ago and quite honestly, nothing beats our snow in Utah. Been sidelined this year from teaching at Snowbird due to taking care of an aging parent. But next year! I try and ride fakie (goofy) here and there but never quite as good as regular. Good luck with the healing. BTW the mosiac is very classy along with the black polished concrete.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Russell -

Heli at LL sounds adventurous. I have been there once, and to Bariloche twice. Lots of fun, but given the chaotic lift ops, I am not sure I am trusting an Argentinian helicopter pilot!

Anyway, I have some updated shots of the mosaic. She got it all finished today except for sealing. I think it came out great!

Here's what it looked like after we got it laid in, with no grout
Starting new 36" build-no-grout.jpg
Grout applied
Starting new 36" build-grout.jpg
Sponged off
Starting new 36" build-clean.jpg
After clean up!
Starting new 36" build-final.jpg
mrchipster, Amac and dvm like this.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Apprentice

Congrats to your SO. That looks fantastic!

My road to pizza is documented here:

Old 02-01-2013, 07:33 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Very Nice and Classy a fine addition to your WFO............

Like the shoe on the left foot. Hate to even think what it cost . LL Heli tooks us up to 15,000 feet. What I hated the most at the SA resorts were those #$@% pomas. Tough to ride on a board.

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 02-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

I just have to share: This is the what the Marta lift looked like the week I spent at LL. We hiked it the last day because they never got it dug out!

Starting new 36" build-hpim0148.jpg
david s likes this.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Lol....it was going thru a tunnel when I rode the Marta lift with my board dragging on the snow. Great dulce con leche desserts at the resturants. Maybe an idea for a dessert wfo pizza

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 02-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Journeyman

nice mosaic Dennis

Old 02-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
I just have to share: This is the what the Marta lift looked like the week I spent at LL. We hiked it the last day because they never got it dug out!

Attachment 33645
That's a lot of snow. Making me envious. Here's a pic of our trip to Nozawa Onsen, Japan, Christmas 2010
Attached Thumbnails
Starting new 36" build-dscn0073.jpg  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

My next addition to the oven space: Outdoor Theater!

I bought a used LCD projector off of craiglist this week, and parts for an outdoor screen from "canopiesandtarps.com". It will integrate with the speaker setup I created before Christmas.

I'm planning a weekly pizza and movie series for our short Seattle summer
brickie in oz likes this.