Go Back   Forno Bravo Forum: The Wood-Fired Oven Community > Pizza Oven Design and Installation > Getting Started

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Apprentice

Default Re: Starting new 36" build

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
Thanks. Pizza party tonight - kids, and my dad's 87th birthday. He hasn't seen the oven in person yet - but he's the guy who taught me to be confident enough to try building things like this.
Excellent to hear about the party with your Dad. These ovens are fun to build but the part I have enjoyed the most (already) and look forward enjoying for years to come is how family and friends come together to enjoy Pizza together! Wish your Dad a Happy Birthday from the WFO community!

My road to pizza is documented here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:35 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Thanks DVM. It was a small get together, only cooked about 5 pies - but it was fun to have my dad there. He enjoyed seeing the oven at work.

As for the spammers, as Al suggests - please click the report button .

Old 10-15-2012, 06:41 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejayoh View Post
Thanks DVM. It was a small get together, only cooked about 5 pies - but it was fun to have my dad there. He enjoyed seeing the oven at work.

As for the spammers, as Al suggests - please click the report button .
You can also check to see if a moderator is online as they often are. Send them a PM and they will evaluate the offending posts. Be specific and give details as to the user name, Thread name and post number within the thread. As you can see the above mentioned party no longer is participating.

Chip
Old 10-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

We have surprisingly good weather here, so I got the stain onto the counters this morning. Looks brown now, I guess it will be black once I wash off all the stuff dried to the surface? I hope so.

Starting new 36" build-wp_000175.jpg

The manufacturer doesnt really give too good of instructions for the use of this stuff. We'll see what I get!

Old 10-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Il Pizzaiolo

Ok, after 3 coats of stain and sealer, I am finished with the BBQ countertops. I am pretty pleased with the way it came out. It's not a solid black color - it's brown to black mix. But I like the way it looks. It's dark enough to contrast with the stone veneer, the brown tones complement the clinker brick I used for my arch, and the sheen is very cool!
Starting new 36" build-wp_000183.jpgStarting new 36" build-wp_000184.jpg
I still have to clean and seal the landing. That one I need someone to help me lift off and put on sawhorses - and it is too heavy for my girlfriend to lift.

I may wait to seal it until she gets the mosaic in though.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Apprentice

Looks fantastic. I would not mention that black was ever in the plans.

My road to pizza is documented here:

Old 10-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

DJ,

Way to go, looks very nice to me. I am still waiting for a window of good temperature to put my final seal coating on. Weather is very unsettled here. The moment I take the tarps off it sprinkles......Nice work.

Experiences are the names I call my mistakes!

Link to my build -

My Picassa Picture Log
Old 10-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Master Builder

Post Re: Starting new 36" build

DJ
Nice job on those counters and congrats on having that done. I hope to get some templates made this weekend for the door and landing. Stainless door and granite for a landing is the plan. Cant wait to see your mosaic.
Tracy

Old 10-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Il Pizzaiolo

Look what I finally got installed, just in time for winter!
Starting new 36" build-wp_000188.jpg

I also started cutting the metal for my oven door. 16 gauge mild steel. I plan on welding it with a two-inch deep void that I will pack with insulating blanket left over from my oven build. I ordered the high-temp thermometer from our hosts to go through the door.
Gulf likes this.

Last edited by deejayoh; 10-20-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Serf

Very, very nice. All of it. Nice job.